Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys, I just got my Weld Pro Star in today, AND IT ISN'T THE RIGHT SIZE!!!! In the Summit catalog, they don't specify the sizes real well, but online they have specific sizes and have the model numbers. I'd like to know how you correctly measure a wheel, including bolt circle and back spacing. Please help!!!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Look in the summit catalog again. There is a picture of how to measure backspace and on another page diagrams of how to measure the different bolt patterns.If you still need help exactly what dont you understand, how to measure or what the terms mean? Are you matching a size on the car or going bigger?

[This message has been edited by shooter (edited 07-01-99).]

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
shooter-

I can't measure the backspacing on the original wheel because its bent!!!! Any measurement I get is totally innacurate. All I know is that from feeling the wheel, the new one is a slight touch deeper than the old one (from the front side). But after looking at the available sizes on www.summitracing.com , there is no other backspacing size available for a 15 X 6 wheel!! Only a 3 1/2 backspacing is available. If the backspacing on my new wheel and old wheel are the same, yet the new one is a little deeper, does this mean I simply need a 15 X 5 wheel?? How can I accuratley measure width?? PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!!

[This message has been edited by 72Elky (edited 07-01-99).]

[This message has been edited by 72Elky (edited 07-01-99).]

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
72ELKY
The rim with is across the inside lip. Measure the one they sent you it should match their advertised size.Then measure across yours. Where are the other three wheels? You should use a straight one to get the backspacing measured right.Backspacing is the depth measurement of the back side of the wheel, not the front. I dont understand your refference to feeling the front side.Take a good wheel and lay it FACE DOWN.You want to measure from the highest point in the center area of the wheel to level with the outside lip of the wheel.Strech a string across the wheel to get level reference. Do not use the tire. If you know the backspacing of the wheel they sent you try to measure it so you can verify how it is done.

RENE
66-malibu

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
shooter-

Thanks for the help on measuring backspacing and width. I already understood what they were, I just needed to know how to accurately measure them. What I meant by feeling the front was because both the new wheel and the old wheel had the exact same backspacing, yet from the front, the new wheel was a little deeper. This was because the new wheel was a 15 X 6, while the old one was a 15 X 5. Although they both had the same backspacing, the new one was too deep simply because it was too wide. Backspacing wasn't the issue, but I've figured it all out. Thanks!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.