Team Chevelle banner

MCACN Show in Chicago.

3K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  Derek69SS 
#1 ·
Any T-Chevelle folks going? I will be at the show with my Black Truck ( SS 454 / M-22 ). Stop by and say HI !
Bob

Reactions: DUTCH MAX HEADWORK
#3 ·
Any T-Chevelle folks going? I will be at the show with my Black Truck ( SS 454 / M-22 ). Stop by and say HI !
Bob
Too cold........

Say hello top my large Cousin in the shiny orange shirt.

Me, Sonny, Dan

#9 ·
This was invented just for offensive guys like us.

Highly recommended :

Reactions: MikeN
#8 ·
Since I’m part of the judging team, I brought this up and I was told by the powers to be that it wasn’t going to be enforced. but if I were to drive 13 hours out there and have to deal with someone being an a-hole over it, let’s just say I will stand my ground over it. Main reason for bailing is financial. For what it’s going to cost me to drive out there with diesel fuel at $4/gallon and miss 5 days of working (I’m self employed), I can’t justify the expense.

#11 ·
I'm planning to go Saturday. Trying to figure out if there's any place close by to park with a trailer as I might be picking up something in Michigan on the same trip.

#12 ·
PM sent

Kramer Thumbs Up - Seinfeld GIF - Seinfeld Kramer Thumbs Up GIFs

Reactions: Derek69SS
#17 ·
Reactions: 427L88 and DUKE 69
#16 ·
I went to see the Rolling Stones in Atlanta this past Thursday night at Mercedez-Benz Stadium in Atlanta. It was very nearly packed - I'm going to estimate over 60,00 people were there. I saw maybe 10 people wearing masks. Lets Go Brandon!!!

It was a GREAT show by the way. If I'm doing as well as Mick Jagger when I'm 78 I'll be completely satisfied.

#25 ·
I ended up going, grabbed a last minute flight Friday night for early Saturday AM. Just got home a half hour ago. It was the right completely irresponsible and irrational decision to go last minute. Got to see the 66 I built for Chuck Frame and spend some time with the current owner.

#29 ·
Derek, we are nuts, eh ? I left at 10:30 Friday night with the intention of stopping for breakfast, like we did in 2018, on the way down. I get off at Janesville and follow US 14 to avoid the toll road and had researched 24 hr restaurants in the towns along there for 4-6 am meal. NONE of the places that claimed they were 24 hr were open. Totally sucked and I ended up with a McD's dry, overcooked McMuffin at 5am. Napped 1.5 hrs in a parking lot and went on to Rosemont. Got there and met 2 people I bought parts from at 8am and was parked in the Hyatt ramp at 8:50 and walking to the show. Got back to the room at 9 pm and was in bed at 9:30, 36 hours from when I got up Friday morning. I bought an NOS front bumper for the Camaro and a set of rally wheels with vintage Goodyear Polyglas tires. Spent more on my stuff than you did for a body...:rolleyes:

#30 ·
Spent more on my stuff than you did for a body...:rolleyes:
I bought a '66-67 Nova NOS GM quarter at the Roadster swap in Sept. for $200 and sold it to a guy at MCACN for $1000 so the Corvette body was free other than the gas to get it. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.