Team Chevelle banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts
'73 Corvette body for a racecar build
I'm parting out my '06 Z06 and using the chassis and drivetrain to build something wild. :)
"We need to take your computer away so you quit buying stuff and focus on what you already have". I've heard that line so often, I can repeat it word for word... :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Derek69SS
I'm parting out my '06 Z06 and using the chassis and drivetrain to build something wild. :)
Gosh, one of the Corvette powertrains has a nice weight balance; I was thinking of that under an El Camino! One that doesnt have the great "provenance" of Bob's friggin' gorgeous truck!

Enjoy your stay in the windy city Bob!

Reactions: LeoP
Were you able to coordinate taking the trailer and bringing your new treasure home ?

I ended up going, grabbed a last minute flight Friday night for early Saturday AM. Just got home a half hour ago. It was the right completely irresponsible and irrational decision to go last minute. Got to see the 66 I built for Chuck Frame and spend some time with the current owner.

Were you able to coordinate taking the trailer and bringing your new treasure home ?
Yes, $800 chrome bumper Corvette body with title. Missing a lot of stuff, but very little of what's missing I will actually need.

I left 4am Saturday, 5.5hrs to MCACN, 5 hours at the show, then 4 hour drive into Michigan for the Corvette. Spent an hour looking and loading, then headed straight home. I slept in the truck for an hour at the Indiana border, another hour nap at the Wisconsin border, another hour nap in central Wisconsin, and was in my bed 7am Sunday... then woke up at 8:30 and drove to Burnsville to go kart league racing for a couple hours. Then slept from 3pm until I got up for work today at 6.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Yes, $800 chrome bumper Corvette body with title. Missing a lot of stuff, but very little of what's missing I will actually need.

I left 4am Saturday, 5.5hrs to MCACN, 5 hours at the show, then 4 hour drive into Michigan for the Corvette. Spent an hour looking and loading, then headed straight home. I slept in the truck for an hour at the Indiana border, another hour nap at the Wisconsin border, another hour nap in central Wisconsin, and was in my bed 7am Sunday... then woke up at 8:30 and drove to Burnsville to go kart league racing for a couple hours. Then slept from 3pm until I got up for work today at 6.

View attachment 725915
With all you went through doing all that to get it home you should name it the Ironman Vette.Sounds like a great project with all the good stuff you're using.

Derek, we are nuts, eh ? I left at 10:30 Friday night with the intention of stopping for breakfast, like we did in 2018, on the way down. I get off at Janesville and follow US 14 to avoid the toll road and had researched 24 hr restaurants in the towns along there for 4-6 am meal. NONE of the places that claimed they were 24 hr were open. Totally sucked and I ended up with a McD's dry, overcooked McMuffin at 5am. Napped 1.5 hrs in a parking lot and went on to Rosemont. Got there and met 2 people I bought parts from at 8am and was parked in the Hyatt ramp at 8:50 and walking to the show. Got back to the room at 9 pm and was in bed at 9:30, 36 hours from when I got up Friday morning. I bought an NOS front bumper for the Camaro and a set of rally wheels with vintage Goodyear Polyglas tires. Spent more on my stuff than you did for a body...:rolleyes:

Spent more on my stuff than you did for a body...:rolleyes:
I bought a '66-67 Nova NOS GM quarter at the Roadster swap in Sept. for $200 and sold it to a guy at MCACN for $1000 so the Corvette body was free other than the gas to get it. :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.