Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

May's Chevelle of the Month Contest!

8K views 34 replies 22 participants last post by  Admin 
#1 ·
Welcome to the May's Ride of the Month Competition!

April's ROTM Winner @rogerd

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here. Gallery

See less See more
#2 ·

Okay, here she is again. Month of May. Only thing changed is the month. Still a Malibu with a 396/TH400 and open 3.73 ten bolt. Have only had it out twice so far this summer. First time was in Good Friday, got pulled over. Second time was last Wednesday. I need to change the alternator belt and rebuild the carb. Carb is happening on the 15th of this month. Not sure about the belt. Some weekend, I suppose. I absolutely love driving this car. The looks, thumbs up, double takes that a “kid” is driving it (I’m 42).

#3 ·
Here we go again, 1973 Chevelle SS (real 454 car). Restored in 1992 by my father-in-law. Currently powered by a GM crate motor, SP350/357. It gets lots of interest at the local car meets and shows. Loved helping him get the timing set & driving 100 miles to break-in the new motor. Just did the first oil change last weekend. Muncie 4 speed with 3.73 10 bolt rear gears.

Attachments

#5 ·
#9 ·

1966 138 car it is basically stock has the original 396 4 speed manual, it was restored in 2004. From the ground up, almost everything gone through. The only thing I did not touch was the Muncie and the 12 bolt, fresh oil and done. I changed the color from yellow to this red you see today, it is a corvette red loved it then but today I wish I would have chosen a different color. Changed the interior from white to black, do not regent that at all. For the most part it sits in storage here in Canada snow on the ground seven months a year rain for three more months that only give me a couple months of decent weather to use it. But it is good when I can.

#10 ·
red deer Hmmm My Buddy works for Chrysler in the warehouse there...Nice Town ccccold in the winters but nice place.
Nice looking car best of luck in the monthly!

#11 ·
1967 Chevelle Malibu 327/300hp automatic, non stock. This was my wife’s high school car, her Dad purchased it in 1979 for $500. She said that the car was the only reason I married her 28 years ago...LOL. I have done a lot of small upgrades over the years but this past year I really went all out with extra time on my hands. Anyway we have enjoyed her for years but she runs better then every, and as you can see she’s a looker😎
Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Rim
View attachment 711207
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky Car

#15 ·
here is " TAZ " 383 stroker 350TH 12 bolt posi 323 gear was born a 307 PG 10 bolt vinyl top bench seat hub cap car/ pwr. drum brakes is now two tone custom paint buckets and console front disc brakes and so on and so on I am the second owner purchased in 76 the paint and interior believe it or not are now over 28 yrs old ! the trunk also has a custom fabric kit I designed.
Happy Motorin may chevelle family !

#17 · (Edited)
Here's my 1966 Chevelle Malibu Sport Coupe that I've owned for six years. All original sheet metal, one repaint by a previous owner with what I think is GM bright blue metallic paint. I built the LS engine for it in my garage with a new GM LSA block, heads, and forged crank, GM LS3 hollow stem intake and LY6 Inconel exhaust valves, adding an Edelbrock E-Force supercharger, custom 9.5:1 CP pistons, Carrillo H-beam rods, Lingenfelter 215/247* .629"/.656" cam and springs, Morel 5206 lifters, Manton Series 5 11/32" 0.120" pushrods, YellaTerra full roller rockers, and Hedman 1 7/8" long tube headers. That's backed with a McLeod RXT clutch, Tremec Magnum transmission, Driveshaft Shop CV joint 3.5" aluminum driveshaft connecting to a GearFX Ford 9" with 3.60 gears, Eaton Truetrac diff, and Moser 31 spline axles. Wheels are Boss 338 18"x8" front, 18"x9.5" rear wearing General G-MAX RS tires, 245/45 front and 275/40 rear. The whoa is supplied by Baer disc brakes, 13" Trak4 in front and 12" SS4 rear. Suspension is Detroit Speed coil overs, control arms, and anti-sway bars, power steering is helped by a Turn One 12:1 steering box and UMI bump steer correction tie rods. I tuned the GM E67 ECU myself using HP Tuners and an Innovate wideband O2 sensor. Exhaust is a 2.5" Pypes Street Pro system. Seats are Procar Elite buckets, gauges are Autometer UltraLite II, steering wheel is from Grant. Shoulder belts are from Morris Classic. Hustling this along our Colorado twisty mountain roads is a real joy!

#18 ·
1971 Chevelle SS Convertible

Originally a small block car but a mild 468 had been put in by the time I bought it five years ago. Added a serpentine kit and did the Grand Cherokee steering box swap.
Drivetrain-wise, added a GearVendors OD to the TH400, rear is 12 bolt posi with 4:11 gears.
Did suspension overkill trying to fix what turned out to four broken or missing body mount bolts. Added double adjustable front coilovers, tubular upper and lower a-arms, adjustable rear suspension with Koni red and SS springs in the back.
Cooling is a DeWitt's aluminum radiator with dual Spal electric fans.
Exhaust is a set of stainless steel headers mated to a Magnaflow 2 1/2 exhaust kit with X-pipe and turndowns.
Interior-wise, added smoked power windows with door panels and custom leather seats from Legendary. Dash has customized SS gauges with voltmeter and oil pressure and Classic Air A/C.
Wheels are either 71 SS with 255/60/15 Goodyears or 15" 70 SS replica with Dunlop GT Sport spending on the mood.

Bought her remotely without an inspection (Big Mistake) as a turn key car, turned out to be a bit less turnkey than planned or budgeted for. But she's a good cruiser and unbeatable with the top down on a nice sunny day.

#19 ·
Double dipping this month, this is my 1971 El Camino:

Bought it twenty plus year ago and turned it into an SS clone/wannabe back in 2010.
All SS components are original where added—hood, dash, gauges, and console.
Engine is a 383 crate with AFR 195 heads mated to a 700R4.
Exhaust are full length headers in front of dual 2 1/2" with Borla mufflers.
Cooling is a DeWitt's aluminum radiator with dual Spal electrics.
Rear end is a posi 10 bolt with 3:73 gears.
Suspension is stock a-arms with 1" drop springs in the front, adjustable rear suspension with stock springs in the back. Koni reds all around.

Interior is a parchment leather with Distinctive Industries door panels, power windows and Classic Air A/C.

This was first "classic car" I ever owned. Bought in 1999 for $2500 with a black paint job that was a few years past due with the original metallic green on green showing through at way too many spots and a 350 that I hot rodded up and had lots of fun in. It had mismatched wheels, a primer grey fiberglass cowl hood and just looked mean. It's as old as I am (both our build dates are Dec 1970) and like a lot of other cars here just feels like part of the family…

#20 ·
Just finished a paint job over the winter.
Supposed to be Victory Red, but the feller with the paint didn't have the exact formula so we looked at chips.
Not sure how close it is.

Vent window delete, SS marker lights on 4 corners, SS park lamps in front, SS stripe across the gate with emblem relocate to center.

Engine is a 5.3 liter with 4L60e, cruise control, aftermarket AC, bench seat interior, 12 bolt rear end, 3.73 gears.
Best was 14.1 quarter mile. Fun car.

#23 ·

From Buenos Aires, Argentina.
1968 Chevelle Malibu
Swap 454, muncie M20, 12bolt 3,73:1

#24 ·

1970 SS 396
True SS w/build sheet
Black bucket interior console/4speed
Cowl Induction
Cragars rolling on BF Goodrich rubber.
Car runs and drives like it just rolled off the showroom floor....
I had wanted a 70’ SS since I was a teenager in high school in the 80’s.
I also own two big block 55’ Chevys that I love, but the 70’ is just so much fun to cruise around in.....

#25 ·
View attachment 712230 View attachment 712231 View attachment 712234
1970 SS 396
True SS w/build sheet
Black bucket interior console/4speed
Cowl Induction
Cragars rolling on BF Goodrich rubber.
Car runs and drives like it just rolled off the showroom floor....
I had wanted a 70’ SS since I was a teenager in high school in the 80’s.
I also own two big block 55’ Chevys that I love, but the 70’ is just so much fun to cruise around in.....
Cragars look so good on the 70-72 years.

#26 ·
Been driving this ol gal around since 1994, never done as a total project, just a few changes every year of so. Been parked a couple of times while we played with a Harley for a couple of years and then again after I finished building a 30 Ford coupe with a 425 Nailhead, but it always seems to come back onto the road even when the other loves leave.

Canadian car all it's life. Always a V8/AT, dual exhaust. Steering has been upgraded to a quick ratio power box. Brakes upgraded to power and disk in the front. Sway bars 1 1/8" front and 3/4" back. Rad upgraded to 4 core high efficiency, custom built fan shroud and 6 blade fan. Engine changed to a 400 bored to 406 with 10-1 pistons and L79 cam, World Product Heads, Edelbrock Performer and a 800 Q-Jet, HEI distributor, headers, PMGR starter and Edelbrock valve covers. Trans upgraded to a 700R4 out of a Z-28. Wheels recently changed to AR-TTs.

The interior has been redone with a bit more luxury to the original seats, seat belts front and back and a bluetooth radio mounted in the glove box with a remote mounted in the ash tray, later model Day-Nite mirror, a early 60s Sun tach and some low cost gauges under the dash like I could afford when I had my first 64 back in 66.

The Ol Gal isn't as pretty as a lot of the cars shown here and we know it. Still showing all her original trim and grill, bumpers and glass. One front fender was changed out early in her life, before we met. The rest of the sheet metal and floors are all original. Has always been a red car, originally with a white roof but lost that at last paint job when the two tone trim was removed. Together we have racked up over 30,000 miles during trips in central Canada and the US as well as a lot of trips just for a dinner out or a ice cream as well as more mundane trips as a part chaser or the local lumber yard (worth the laugh watching peoples reaction when you are loading 8' 2x4s thru the passenger window to the rear shelf to take home).

It's a driver, the right size, comfortable, reliable, looks good doing it, can't say it is quiet to ride in, Just Always a Joy To Go Somewhere For Any Reason In Type Of Car.

#28 ·

1965 Malibu Super Sport, matching numbers, restored to bone-stock nearly 20 years ago by Wayne Henderson in Chesapeake, VA. I was lucky enough to find it 8 years ago, and it didn't need a whole lot of work to get it looking and driving like it should. My most vivid memory (not necessarily favorite) is driving it home 75 miles through a blinding rainstorm in Georgia after a show,, and having the plastic gas pedal hang up full throttle. A roadside modification was required.

#29 ·
This is our 70 Chevelle SS454 LS6 that we purchased 20 yrs ago, which I just finished a 5 yr restoration. It is a numbers matching car & a good portion of the parts are date coded. It was in relatively good shape when we purchased it.

Attachments

#34 ·
Here is my 68 I am finishing up got it registered and road worth this month. The first time she has been registered since 1988. The motor is a built 396 wiesco pistons eagle h beam rods lunatti cam Cran stainless roller rockers Edelbrock heads Edelbrock pro Flo fuel injection. Cpp disk brake kit all around massive control arms 12 bolt with a Eaton true track and a turbo 400

Attachments

#35 ·
What a great turn out this month!

Congratulations to @rsandy for taking away May's Ride of the Month Contest with their epic ride!
I have set you up with a Premium Membership!

Thank you to everyone who entered this month!
With such a great turnout we are going to be continuing the Contest into June!
Be sure to post your rides in June's contest for a chance to win!

Thank you!
~Richard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.