Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually cars that have been resprayed white tend to look pretty good, but the body on this one looks to be a bit of a mess. It's interesting that it's an original Tuxedo Black 19 paint code car, but I don't see any definitive clues that it was ordered as a SS396. If the car was closer I'd probably head over and check it out just for the heck of it.

In this neck of the woods, it's probably a $14-15k car on its best day. Looks like it will need everything.

1970 Chevelle SS396

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,716 Posts
Yep It's a dealer so priced probably $10k or more too high.

·
Premium Member
6,829 Posts
The front parking light lenses look like they could be a amber Malibu style. They do not look like the clear SS lenses. The car could use some front seat belts. They are missing. What kind of dealer sell a car without front seat belts on a car that originally came with them? The photographer was really selective about the angles that the pictures were taken from. That body scares me. This may be the reason the car is white instead of black.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Usually cars that have been resprayed white tend to look pretty good, but the body on this one looks to be a bit of a mess. It's interesting that it's an original Tuxedo Black 19 paint code car, but I don't see any definitive clues that it was ordered as a SS396. If the car was closer I'd probably head over and check it out just for the heck of it.

In this neck of the woods, it's probably a $14-15k car on its best day. Looks like it will need everything.
More like a rotted hulk. Bubbles a poppin' out all over. SS? If so - doesn't matter. $14 is too high. Will cost more than the $26 asking on top of the sale price.

·
Premium Member
8,939 Posts
Looking at the body lines and other areas. :nerd: I would say to some degree, Kinda,,Sorta looks like a " MUD Buggy ". I saw the radio holes in the dash, WOW, Just a very big HOLE.
Well, My thought is " Looks like it was rode hard and put away wet !"
Have it SODA Blasted and THEN show us the body on this " SS ". :surprise:
Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mud buggy is being kind. Quarters are a mess. Rear window is a mess. POS that would be a nightmare. Put a grinder on that body and most of the car will disappear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts