Team Chevelle banner

Are you gona be at Bremerton May 9th

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
Definitely not going to make the 9th, I have a date with my wife that night.

I'm trying to get things ready for Saturday but I've given up stressing about it. If it happens it happens. I'll know by this time tomorrow if I have a helmet or not.

Plus, I'm not going to run it through 1320' with the 5/16" line.

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I should be making it. I'm still trying to figure out how to work my schedule out. Tammy's grandma's funeral is Saturday in Forks, so I either have to go home Friday night or stay the night and meet Tammy in Bremerton somewhere early Saturday morning and find a place to leave my truck and trailer untill the afternoon.

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
I can't miss 3 events

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
I'm still running 5/16 line in my 69 chevelle. I think you'd be plenty fine N/A for some full blasts.

I'm hoping you'll get to take your car out and see if the vibration is gone, maybe tomorrow. I Hope, I hope, I hope!

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I should be making it. I'm still trying to figure out how to work my schedule out. Tammy's grandma's funeral is Saturday in Forks, so I either have to go home Friday night or stay the night and meet Tammy in Bremerton somewhere early Saturday morning and find a place to leave my truck and trailer untill the afternoon.
You could leave your truck and trailer at my place probably, I will let you know tomorrow if thats what you want to do.

·
Premium Member
5,675 Posts
I'm still running 5/16 line in my 69 chevelle
I thought you had 3/8" on that... I'm sure mine would run then if that's the case. I just didn't want this thing to have any excuse to fall on its face.:noway:

First things first... I think it needs some break in miles and I hate seeing these new BFG T/A's with those little nubbins still attached... think they need to be left on some poor unsuspecting asphalt.:D

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Daryl, you can leave your stuff at my place also if you want.

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
is it just me and george for 14 and slower or is there a couple others who will to attend for some close races??
I think your gonna be suprized when George runs low 13s with his BB Vette.
If I learned 1 thing from street racing..................it was beware of BB Vettes.:yes:

bring some woodscrews to bolt your doors back on!

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
I think your gonna be suprized when George runs low 13s with his BB Vette.
If I learned 1 thing from street racing..................it was beware of BB Vettes.:yes:
bring some woodscrews to bolt your doors back on!

Dan,
I gotta show up first to beat anybody!:thumbsup::sad:

I'm pretty sure with the T-Tops they will want me to have a helmet.....and that they will want me to run with the tops on the car.....my hair already hits the bottom pads of the T-Tops.....

The PrimerNovaKid has been getting a lotta support from Doc Smokum, already has hit 13.8 and high 90s, with a mild 350, slicks and 4.11s. Doc will probably slide him a different converter, out with the 2000 stall and in with something more radical.....

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
What Primernovaben really needs to go 13.5's is a Doc Smokum holley mounted on that baby.

·
Premium Member
9,919 Posts
Ben, use the Holley 600 & use the Eddy carb for a wheelchock.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
the only thing is the last time i used the holley it had a sperattic idle and it wouldnt calm down so its sat on a shelf. i could bring it back from the grave but the eddy is runnin pretty sweet and i got jets for it so i dunno how big of a step forward it would really be. i could rebuild the holley on thursday night in hopes to have a swell carb but thats not likely

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
Dan, dreis454
My Daily use Holley 600 simply DIED!!!!! during my last track outing.

Gents
As you know I drove the RatVette about 2 hrs yesterday....gettin' her a work-up for FRI at Bremerton. So I go out today...for some reason I decided to start her in the garage, hood up, air cleaner off. She cranks, she fires, and she SPEWS a craploda gas out the secondary float adj nut! OK, shut her off, easy fix in the garage....
Interesting....what leaks today on a Holley wasn't leaking yesterday! Also noted the intake water neck seeped a drop or two. Damn chrome water necks!

I'll end up wiring my heat diverter flapper thing OPEN on the repro exhaust. It works but damn, 15 minutes and needing an assist was a bit overboard.... Initial is now at 18, I had 18 mech in the distributor last time I checked. Timing tape came off so I hope someone has a dial-back timing light...
Vacuum adv is disconnected and carb vacuum port is plugged......
Yellow spring in the secondaries.....
Now to play with the fuel lines, then locate some decent gas.....

1 - 20 of 128 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.