Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow chevellers,
I saw some posts on the chevelle list about Marvels. I remember my dad using it on his boat engine when I was young. Has anyone used it? Have you used it in your gas tank or crank case or both? I remember the old guys swearing it was great stuff but I don't know what for.
kevin d

·
Registered
13 Posts
Kevin

MARVEL MYSTERY OIL is an excellant time tested product that I've used and sold for years. Good high temp lube that cleans as well. I've had it work on sticky valves and rings. It helps lube valve seats on older single cyl engines. We also use it as an air tool oil.

·
Registered
13,196 Posts
I use regularly in all my air tools. Years ago a speedo shop owner told me that's what he uses to lube speedos and tachs.

------------------

·
Premium Member
15,343 Posts
I was told buy one of the sharp local mechanics that it is a good additive to use if you run av fuel. Since av fuel does not have the lubricants of normal fuel he mixes 1 qt to 55 gallon drum to run through his big block boat. (That boat is more rocket than boat!!)

------------------
Jeff A. ACES#841
68 SS396(454)
68 L78 Project
87 MC SS

·
Registered
35 Posts
Every engine I've ever fired (after a rebuild) I add 16 oz to 10 gallons of gas. I have found it helps keep the top end lubricated during break in. After break-in I don't use it but have for plenty of places and tools around the garage and house.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I put 10 oz in my tank every fillup and it helps me get 40 to 50 miles more out of a tankfull.I love the stuff.

------------------
John 67SS
ACES #2887

[This message has been edited by 67ss (edited 05-23-99).]

·
Registered
341 Posts
Many years ago I had a 327 that I took out of a 65 big Chev. Engine was really crudded up from no oil changes so I thought I would clean it out. I tried a can of the Marvel oil additive. Cleaned it out allright. Loosened up all the sludge, got into lifters. Could hear them rattle a block away. No big loss with this engine as I was going to rebuild anyway, but I'd be careful of using this stuff in a high mileage engine because of this. tom

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.