Chevelles.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for a 1970 Malibu hardtop. Where does the power lead hook to? I can't find it in the assy manual, and its a really long wire like it would run under the front edge of the headliner and down the pillar. Thanks.

------------------
"SSuper Dave" Palmer
A.C.E.S. #1483
Team Chevelle #32 Gold
1968 Chevelle 427/390hp, 700R4, 3.31 12 bolt
1970 El Camino, got glass in it now, aligned and driveable, bodywork is STILL continuing.
1970 Malibu survivor, Astro Blue, 350/350 temporary car, fixing for a friend:)

·
Premium Member
4,477 Posts
Dave,

It' runs under the windlace at the top of the windshield, then down the driver's side pillar down to the fuse box. Then at the fuse box it connects to the "BATT" terminal or a.k.a. "Curtesy" fuse that feeds such things as the dome light, cigarette lighter, etc.

BUT I might recommend that you connect it to the "RADIO" or a.k.a. accessory fuse, this way you have to turn your key to the "accessory" position for it to turn on.--this makes it so there is no risk of you accidentally leaving the light on and draining your battery--something that could easily happen if you connect it to the BATT terminal like the factory did.

·
Premium Member
4,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Joe, I'll wire it as you suggest. I did get your e-mail about the radio speaker wiring, hope to get under the dash tomorrow and see what it looks like.

------------------
"SSuper Dave" Palmer
A.C.E.S. #1483
Team Chevelle #32 Gold
1968 Chevelle 427/390hp, 700R4, 3.31 12 bolt
1970 El Camino, got glass in it now, aligned and driveable, bodywork is STILL continuing.
1970 Malibu survivor, Astro Blue, 350/350 temporary car, fixing for a friend:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts