Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm swapping from a manual to an auto and I have a center console. Is there anything different about the shifter hump from manual to auto?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
625 Posts
yeah, usually there is due to the shifter location on the manual set up, there will be a pronounced hump to the left side of the transmission tunnel where the shifter passes through the floor. Shouldn't really cause you an issue though as you are going from manual to auto, just a hole to cover....

·
Gold Founding Member
5,822 Posts
It sure does help if you give an indication of what year car you are working on.

·
Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
8,703 Posts
Did I read this right or do I have dyslexia, man to auto?, just kidding I think you can buy a blank off plate from somewhere like NPD, Ground Up or one of the other vendors, are you removing the pedals too?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did I read this right or do I have dyslexia, man to auto?, just kidding I think you can buy a blank off plate from somewhere like NPD, Ground Up or one of the other vendors, are you removing the pedals too?

Yes I'll install the correct pedals. The gas pedal is being swapped out for a drive by wire version for the LT4 being installed. The brake pedal I'll want the correct wide version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14,985 Posts
theres a hump on the tunnel on a original manual trans car. You might have to drill out the rivets and remove it to allow the staple shifter to sit properly on the tunnel so your console can still bolt to the shifter mount. Other than that, youll need the top plate and shift plate. the base of the console will work. jim

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
There are two different humps, one for the console, and one without. If you have a centre console, your fine and it will sit in exactly the same position.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts