Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
How about some more pics of what appears to be very nice, mostly original '69 Chevelle? :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sorry for the hijack.

But this may shed some light on a driveline vibration I've been trying to fix.

If I have 307 frame stands, and 350 motor mounts, would that negatively impact the angle of the engine?

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
Sorry for the hijack.

If I have 307 frame stands, and 350 motor mounts, would that negatively impact the angle of the engine?
Read about 307 motor mounts frame stands and 350 motor mounts frame stands. Search feature is your friend. There have to be 100"s of posts about this issue. W/O pictures and or descriptions of where the apparent dimensional issues are how can you expect us to help you?

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Sorry for the hijack.

The taller 350 motor mounts are narrow and tall. They don't fit onto the wide 307 frame stands. It would take some serious red neck engineering to make them work.

Reactions: MikeN and LeoP

·
Lifetime Founding Member
14,799 Posts
FWIW my '69 Malibu with 350 engine has 350 frame stands and 350 mounts and has plenty of room on the driver side. Tighter on the pass side, mainly because of the sheet metal heat riser taking up some of the space. I can barely get my fingers between the sheet metal and frame. Without the sheet metal there would be plenty of room. The car was originally a 307 but the frame stands were replaced with GM 350 stands and it has replacement 350 mounts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts