Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK,,, im installing new covers on my bench seat when i realize that i have to run the seat belts up through the upholstery.
They are PUI seat covers and it appears they made provisions by stitching two small rectangle boxes in the seat near the center to provide re-enforcement once the cut has been made for the belts. Maybe this isnt so much a question as it is me just having nervous tension about cutting into new seat covers, Anyone else run into this situation?
Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
eek! I hate cutting, so measure and check the originals and make sure they really have to be cut to work. If so, measure twice and cut once..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The old cover i took off wasnt original so i dont have anything to go by.
Anyone with a bench seat! how are your seat belts routed? through the upholstery or do they run just under the seat backs?

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
Zak,
mine run under the seat backs, but its not the original seat. It LOOKS right, FWIW.
kevin d

------------------
Honey, its not a $200 hat. The distributor was $200, the hat came with it. kevin d
Maryland Chevelle Club #362
Classic Cars and Trucks of Beaufort #72
TC #1108

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Mine go through the upholstery. There's a plastic insert to protect the vinyl.

------------------
Rick Sutter
Member #383
'67 Chevelle Super Sport
67SS.com

·
Registered
244 Posts
They run through the seat. And there is a grommet for the hole. Look for it on the old cover.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for everyones replies.
The seat has been reupholstered once before and it looked like it was done south of the border.
it didnt have any type of grommets on it and i dont recall seeing them in the catalogs.
Has anyone ever seen these grommets listed?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts