Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine found a 69ss all original with 396 and muncie 4-speed etc. It has sat for a very long time. The biggest problem seems to be serious rust around the back glass. Serious rust.
Can this top be cut off and replaced? Is it realistic to even think of doing this with next to zero experience? Are there other alternatives? Any help, advice, or constructive criticism is most welcome. Thank you.

·
Gold Founding Member
1,349 Posts
My 69 had some rust there around the rear window the car was extremly solid otherwise I replaced both quarters and panel between trunk and window . I think it could have been done a little easier and cheaper . As I have stated before I ten to get caught up in these cars I bought this one and am into for more than I would like to be but I really like it . I have seen some friends do that repair with pretty basic tools and a Home Depot mig unit MIKE

·
Registered
138 Posts
Is the rust just in the window section or does it go on further. I replaced the window section by breaking some sheetmetal and welding it in. Not too hard but time consuming.

------------------

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.