Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
I have a white interior and I love it. I can be a pain in the ass to keep clean, but as long as you clean up any mess quickly you should be fine. My biggest mistake was working on the car at a friends house and then getting in it.

·
Premium Member
3,399 Posts
We had a 69 Impala convert for 18 years with a Parchment (pearl white) interior, and we loved it, too. To me, it was no harder to keep clean than any other color. I am currently about 80% done to switching my Chevelle interior from black to Parchment. As far as I'm concerned, a black interior in a convertible is a really, really bad idea....like riding around in a frying pan in the summertime :(

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
If that is the color you want, go for it! My '69 was orig. parchment and still is (one of the few orig. things about it) and I love it. As mentioned, it really isn't that hard to keep clean, esp. if you don't drive it every day. Just be careful to get after anything "bad" right away and don't sit in the seat w. a screwdriver in your hip pocket! BTDT...duh.... Also, it is a little cooler on a hot day, if vinyl can be cooler. Good luck.

·
Registered
707 Posts
There is an old man here in Tulsa with a 68 SS car with white interior...it is a one owner...90K real miles...and just looks basically new...the interior has that nearly 40 year old patina to it and it is absolutely frigging beautiful...

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have restored many white seats and by the time I was done they were dirty. Just from my hands touching them. Then I cleaned them up when I was finished just like I cleaned my hands, with Go Jo or Orange hand cleaner. It really whitened them right up. Now my buddy does this before showing his car. Works great.

·
Premium Member
7,753 Posts
In the '60s when I had a white interior, the only thing that would clean it well was Spray 9. I think that it might still be available. Of course they have probably come up with better cleaners in the mean time.

·
Premium Member
13,253 Posts
Several years ago I had 65 Impala and then a 67 Camaro both had white interiors. I used to clean both of them with Murphy's oil soap and a relatively soft brush. Always worked well and had a distinctive smell when first cleaned. One thing I have noticed as far as white goes, if they have any wear or defects it tends to stand or more than other colors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.