Team Chevelle banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting my '69 back together. (I bought it sort of apart) What I don't see is the "normal" block that the POS battery cable pigtail hooks to that feeds the horn relay and then the rest of the system. I don't even find any mounting hole for one. Its a convertible with Power Top, so it may be different. It only has the small yellow and purple wire on the solenoid, no large red to connect with the POS battery cable. (New wire loom) Old loom was the same. I can't find any large gauge wire to "feed" the 12V to the car. Any ideas?

------------------
Dave Bradley
www.corvetteforum.net/classics/d1_bradley
'69 SS396 ragtop
'33 3W Coupe
'65 Vette BB Roadster

·
Premium Member
1,405 Posts
D1,

The power wire you are looking for will originate from the original battery terminal positive cable. The large wire as you know runs to the starter. The small wire 14 awg Brown, will attach to a insulated terminal on the radiator/core support behind the battey and near the headlight holes. Then a 10 awg red wire (Forward light harness) will run to the regulator/horn relay and back to the alternator.

------------------
FastSS396Man
Brian

Fastss396, Fastss396,Fastss396,
Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396,Fastss396
69' SS396 Chevelle
L78 396/375hp
M-21 Close Ratio
Cortez Silver
10 year Resto
It's brand new again!
02' Harley FatBoy, Diamond Ice pearl.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, now I just have to get me a set of Batt Cables and I guess I'll need one of the "Junction Block" things. And I'll need to find the Red wire in the lighting harness. Come to think of it, I don't remember seeing a regulator, at least like the one on my '65. The lighting harness does go across and the horn relay is all plugged up and has a couple of 10 awg wires on it. Nothing hanging loose. Thanks for the info.

Dave

------------------
Dave Bradley
www.corvetteforum.net/classics/d1_bradley
'69 SS396 ragtop
'33 3W Coupe
'65 Vette BB Roadster

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.