Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine was telling me yesterday,that her friends son is looking to receive birthday cards in the attempts to make a Guiness World Record.

His name is Shane Bernier age 7 from Lancaster, Ontario. He was diagnosed with having Acute Lymphoblastic Lukemia. He is currently undergoing chemo at the Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario - CHEO. He would like to receive birthday cards from anyone who is willing to send them. He is going to be 8 years old on May 30, 2007. From what she told me, he was doing good up until last year, then he went back into remission.

So if you'd like to put a smile on this youngsters face,and help in his quest, send your birthday cards to :

SHANE BERNIER
BOX 484
LANCASTER, ONTARIO K0C 1N0
CANADA

I know I will, and I hope you do the same.

I DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO PUT THIS, SO IF SOMEONE FEELS IT NEEDS TO MOVE, PLEASE DO SO. THANK YOU.

·
Registered
579 Posts
will do, grew up with a friend who had likemia it was a 10 year battle and has been doing fine, still see him once in a while. hope he does well!!

·
Registered
7,044 Posts
I'll send one, my grandpa died of luekemia in '94. I've missed him everyday since.

Jeff

·
Registered
141 Posts
im in i lost my little brother in 99 to undiferenciated carcoma in the lungs doctors called it bens disease because they had never seen it before i hope he gets all the cards and more than needed

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Sounds like a great idea. I'm in. My son has the same thing (ALL). Diagnosed at 3 and he just turned 6. He's almost at the end of his 3 year chemo treatment protocol. I can confirm that something like this can definitely make the long days in the hospital move a little quicker....especially in those first few months.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Guy's, looks like the Team Chevelle site is going to deliver. I also came up with another good ideal. If you have a picture of your present ride or past rides, in any stage of restoration, send it along so he can hang them up and see what us gearheads are up to.

I'm very proud to say i'm a member here.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
Not looking to hijack this thread but I couldn't resist a picture of my little guy almost 3 years ago when he helped me disassemble my 66. He has leukemia and it's hard to tell but he was as bald as a cue ball in this picture. I thought this might inspire some of you to take action here. It inspires me every time I look at it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts