Chevelles.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aside from the wheel design (I don't like them), this car seesm to be a bit better looking than the Tesla Model S (especially the interior - MUCH better).

·
Premium Member
16,017 Posts
I;ve never been much of an early adopter. Thats alot of beans for a "Toyota Corolla " sedan. Dont care if it costs zero to run. The powertrain wont last ten years like a Corolla either. long way to go.

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I;ve never been much of an early adopter. Thats alot of beans for a "Toyota Corolla " sedan. Dont care if it costs zero to run. The powertrain wont last ten years like a Corolla either. long way to go.
This car is much larger than a Corolla. As for the powertrain, Teslas are lasting just as long (longer, in fact) than Corollas. Most of the batteries in these vehicles are not showing any degradation at 200,000 miles (and more). I also have not heard of any of the electric drive motors failing. And they don't cost zero to run - you have to charge them, so you will pay more on your electric bill.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
And they don't cost zero to run - you have to charge them, so you will pay more on your electric bill.
Using electricity far offsets buying gas, and if capable, you can use solar to charge the batteries (saving money over a longer period of time). The only inconvenience is range, and with most people not flying (because of covid) that could be an issue...

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
So where can I see a production model? Reminds me of a story allegedly of a Materials Science professor at MIT dealing with people contacting him about some new gee-whiz material they invented. "When I ask them to show me a piece, they go away."

·
Premium Member
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So where can I see a production model? Reminds me of a story allegedly of a Materials Science professor at MIT dealing with people contacting him about some new gee-whiz material they invented. "When I ask them to show me a piece, they go away."
Lucid Motors is located in Casa Grande, Arizona (about 40 miles from me). They have already broken ground on their factory. This is straight from the article:

"Similar to the Tesla operational model, Lucid plans to sell the Air directly to online consumers. The company also plans to have 20 retail locations — called studios and service centers — open by the end of 2021. Initial retail locations include Beverly Hills, San Jose, West Palm Beach and New York City."

1 - 10 of 10 Posts