Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm beginning a restoration of a 67 chevelle ss and was thinking of the LT1and six speed combo for the drivetrain. Has any one tried this and if so how difficult is the swap. Also any articles or tech write-ups on this subject would be helpfull. Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
i was thinking of the same swap in my 66,i seen a two part article in chevy high perf mag looks like it will be a costly conversion. you have to use a pull off clutch which centerforce sells for like 700 dollars.also said you need a special flywheel unless you are using a 1 piece rear main seal motor.also says youll prob have to redo trans tunnel. im still thinking about it.let me know if you want the months that the the article was in. [email protected]

·
5,855 Posts
Just my .02s worth,fellas but a ZZ4 and Richmond 6spd would be much easier and a lot less expensive. Don't get me wrong,though. In addition to my big block 68 El Camino, I also own a 90 ZR-1 Corvette. Modified cars are what turns my crank.

·
Registered
423 Posts
The articles in Chevy High Performance were in Sept 98 and Feb 99.

The one you REALLY have to look at is the second one (Feb 99). Included in it is a part and price break-down of an installation in a 69 Camaro.

I think that the inclusion of real costs makes the article more useful to the reader and have told the Editor (Jeff Smith) my feelings about it's worth.

The total cost ended up being around $3000.00 and the cost of the transmission was only $1200.00. In other words, the cost of the transmission is less than half of the total installed cost.

If you also feel that this type information is valuable, contact the editor (of any publication) and let them know!! That way they can try to include it.

Wes. Vann

·
5,855 Posts
And Wes didn't even mention the cost of buying and installing an LT1. The cost of a custom wiring harness and reverse-flow radiator should be kept in mind,also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.