Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I know they are a couple LS6,s forsale claiming they have the lowest original miles.I have heard about one thats been said its only got 22 original miles(that's right 22)I have heard about this car a couple of times,just wowondering if anyone else knows of it or heard the same.

------------------
Ray Griffin
70 LS6

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I've got a bunch of jpeg's of the lowest documented LS-6 car. The thing only has about 5,000 miles on it. I can email them to you if you're interested. The asking price is something like $100k.

------------------
Sean Thomas
TC Member #907
Sean's 1970 SS L34

·
Registered
964 Posts
Yes it is true.There is a Red LS-6 hard top car with black interior in the New York/New Jersey area.The owner is in the Mob and bought it new.It has 22 original miles and still has the plastic clear covers and such in the interior.This car has been seen by a few people who were interested in buying it in early 90's for 150K.It is everything you would expect it to be.A friend of mine went to see it and took pictures.The owner is a Joe Pesci like character.If you look at him the wrong way,you upset him.He has a car collecton that is worth mllions.All in heated storage next to his house.Fords,Chryslers,even foreign cars.He is a collector who knows what to collect.He will never sell any of them he said,and everything will be left to his daughters and sons who know what value they hold.
There are a few low mileage LS-6 cars around.There is a Green Mist one from Illinois that I and a friend owned in 1995 and sold recently to a Minnesota man.He is selling it in Hemmings and on our Classifieds now for to much money.
That car has 4050 miles on it.
There are a few more between 5-10k miles but none can touch the mleage of the one LS-6 in New york/New Jersey area.
Wish I had the foresight to store one away back then.

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I have heard of the 22 mile LS6 and unless there is another one with 22 miles up in NJ then this is the one!The one I am refering to is located in the south and is not owned by the mob.It is a red/black 4-speed and I spoke to Mark Meekins about this car.I am pretty up on low milage LS6 cars.I seen the green mist/green interior auto that Mr70 speaks about-SWEET-Just what the good doctor ordered
.I also seen a very nice desert sand auto LS6 with 8K.The only flaw was it was in a very mild fender bender in the early 70s and the owner does not want to repaint the front fender!The 22 mile Ls6 is owned by a Very private man who Mark and Roger Ausley met in the early eighties.It was described as window sticker and shipping plastic still on the car.There is a small reference to the car in Super Chevy may 1989.It is and always was a one owner southern car.

------------------

Dean Ciampi
Team Chevelle Gold #52
Aces #3094 MY LS6 CHEVELLE
My Z28

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
I mispoke. The one I'm referring to has 4096.9 according to the speedo. I'm sending out pic's to those that asked. I wish I could remember the url for the website it's being sold on.

------------------
Sean Thomas
TC Member #907
Sean's 1970 SS L34

·
Registered
313 Posts
The presidents pick award winner at last years Chevelleabration was a 4000 mile range original LS-6 car with all the docs on display. See the July-Aug edition of Chevelle World.

Red Label

·
Registered
964 Posts
The prez's pick winner is the same Green Mist LS-6 in For sale in Minn.
Roger Ausley did own 2 LS-6 cars.One Gobi Beige,and the other one is Red.He bought the Red car in Oct.1984 in Pa.It had 4670 miles on it then.It is with the Gobi Beige car in Superchevy 1989.Also feature car in NCOA December 1985.He sold it and it is owned by Steve Strange who is selling it on his website now for 115K with 4695 miles on it.As Steve A. has shown us with his reply.

------------------
Rick Peters
NCOA#1670-ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I hate to be a wet blanket, but what is the point of owning a car you could never drive?
It just doesn't seem right for that poor girl to sit in a garage and just be lonely all the time.
IMO, they were made to be driven, not stored.

L

------------------
64 2 Door HT 6-230 and a 'Glide (It's OK it is going away someday)
Formerly 71 Elco

·
Registered
279 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chevello:
I hate to be a wet blanket, but what is the point of owning a car you could never drive?
It just doesn't seem right for that poor girl to sit in a garage and just be lonely all the time.
IMO, they were made to be driven, not stored.

L

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly what I was thinking, what a waste of one badass chevelle.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the replies,at least it does exist.It would be neat to see it.As for the red and beige cars that Ausley used to own I have the articles on them,just wanted to know about one with 22 miles.Thanks Again.

------------------
Ray Griffin
70 LS6

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like Dean(LS6-M22) states the one I heard about was in the south also.I assume its the same car not likely there's 2 22original mile cars around.Probably either was sold or moved since I heard about it a few years back.

------------------
Ray Griffin
70 LS6

·
Registered
313 Posts
I think there is room for both driven and museum cars. Nothing wrong with having a few that are pristine examples of off the assembly line work. If I ever get my time machine working, I'd get a couple of each car for my collection, one to drive and one to let sit like he did.

Red Label

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.