Team Chevelle banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
The only info in the VIN is year, Model and the plant it was built at. No engine identification until 1972. The VIN puts the car built at Atlanta, about the end of the first week of February. (about 02A or 02B)
Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Can you provide additional info?

Where the car was when you sold it etc.?
Color, interior, trans, etc.

I know of some LS6 cars in the area but don't know the vin's

Also, know of some cars that have long since left the area.

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
Greg brings up a good point, I know of a couple of Atlanta built cars as well. Where did you buy the car? What color was it when you bought and sold it?

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
You might try this. Couldn't hurt. The form will probably ask why you are seeking the title history. List it for historical research or something along those lines.
Got this info from the Ohio BVM website. Good luck!

http://bmv.ohio.gov/faq_vehicle_titling.stm#tog

I need to get a title history done on a vehicle. How is this done?

Visit your nearest county Title Office, or download the BMV 1173 Title Request form from our Web site. You may also call to request for a form at 614-752-7671, or write in to the Ohio BMV, Titling Support & Dealer Licensing Section, P.O. Box 16520, Columbus, Ohio, 43216-6520. You will need to supply the Vehicle Identification Number, the year and make of the vehicle. There is a $5.00 charge for each individual listed in the title history. This history will reveal all previous owner information if you meet the requirements according to the Driver's Privacy Protection Act (DPPA). Otherwise, you will only receive vehicle information

·
Premium Member
3,894 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Can put you in touch with a local guy that has been restoring and parting out chevelles since the 70's. He's had a handful of ls6 cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.