Team Chevelle banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys, I have been waiting for someone to post on this car but so far no one has jumped in so here it goes. This car seems to good to be true at this price. I have been searching for an unrestored LS5 or LS6 convert along with one of the best restorers around and we cant find one in a good color (at this point I am starting to like all the colors) . We have seen a few unrestored, undocumented in this price range so if I am missing something here I may be kicking myself all year long. Does anybody know anything about this car? Did someone get the deal of the decade? Thanks for your input. I often read but seldom post I enjoy learning from you guys as I know just enough to be dangerous.

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/Even...-CHEVROLET-CHEVELLE-SS-LS6-CONVERTIBLE-178472

·
Registered
13,007 Posts
Seems like lots of guys want LS6's, but even with an original unmolested deck stamp, they want some sort of paperwork to go with it. Didn't see any mention of a build sheet, but it does say it has the POP. THose can be faked though, and I don't think JM is too up on Chevelles.
There's been a Fathom Blue/white car floating around that has what looks to be the original engine, but no paperwork. It routinely sells for right around $135k.

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
I've heard JM's name dropped quite often in ads. I've never met or talked to the guy, just wonder if he's honest with his shortcomings assuming he has them. :D

·
Premium Member
2000 Trans Am WS6
5,063 Posts
My brother in law worked with him (JM), and my sister in law dated him, several years back. He has been the Camaro Z28 "go to" guy for a long time, but now he's a Chevelle expert too, I guess? I personally always thought he was an arrogant prick, but that's JMO... ;)

·
Registered
7,997 Posts
Reportedly, JM is commissioned by Barrett/Jackson to certify cars, not sure which cars. As a buyer, you have to understand that ANY car can be assembled to fool the best. It's lineage and documentation that sets them apart and documentation needs to be questioned more and more.

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dale It opens fine on both iPad and my desktop. You can see car at B-J Scottsdale In the Sat docket it easy to find something just doesn't seem right.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts