Team Chevelle banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could anyone please tell me how Chevrolet kept the bottom of the throttle linkage from hitting the manifold bolt on an LS6 intake?Is there a spacer that I am missing?Thank you in advance

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The very bottom of throttle lever where return spring goes hits intake bolt directly below when approaching full throttle.A little bend would suffice but just wondering what factory did.Thank you

·
Premium Member
28,535 Posts
The very bottom of throttle lever where return spring goes hits intake bolt directly below when approaching full throttle.A little bend would suffice but just wondering what factory did.Thank you
Post the list # of your carb. If its an original 4557 or 4556 it should it should already be clearanced.
Come to think, of it, even the double pumpers I have used on the Ls6 569 intake over the years on my car didn't have any issues.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Post the list # of your carb. If its an original 4557 or 4556 it should it should already be clearanced.
Come to think, of it, even the double pumpers I have used on the Ls6 569 intake over the years on my car didn't have any issues.
Yes, first question is do you have the correct Holley Carb and linkage? That might explain the interference with the bolt

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Carburetor is activated by a cable, the issue must be is the carb throttle lever. OP must have the wrong carb, an incorrect rebuild LS6 carb rebuild, or even non original intake. I even have an 850 double pumper on an LS6 intake with no issues.

·
Super Moderator
9,668 Posts
Reactions: DC22

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
What's up with the booger plug in the back of the cylinder head?
Wonder if that plug would interfere with the alternator if used on the other side?
Never see a plug like that in a BBC head (ref: photo 12).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts