Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week i picked up a 70 ss 454,with a crate LS6.The fuel line from the pump to the carb is not a solid unit.It has a 800 cfm holley duble pumper on the flat factory aluminum manifold.The line from the pump to the front of the intake manifold is solid,then has a 3 inch rubber line into a aftermarket duble pumper line.My question is where this fuel line is cut,is that where the factory put the fuel filter??? I have looked all over the car and there is no visible fuel filter. BTW, very nice page......kp

·
Registered
11,941 Posts
ratical, You need to pick up a factory assembly manual as it would show the fuel line routing at the engine and the filter placement if one is called for. It will have all the different ones that where used on the different engine combo's. Good luck on your Chevelle.

------------------
Leo Paugh
Maryland Chevelle Club #017

·
Registered
13,036 Posts
ratical, the factory style line originally was solid up to the side of the carb, and ended into a triangle shaped brass block. Then there were two lines from the block to the float bowls. The original line set is available from most of the parts vendors.
The fuel filters are behind the fitting nuts on the float bowls.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.