Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an 70 LS5 convertible M21, a/c, buckets and have been searching for production numbers with no luck. Anyone having info or link? I have found several sites with the ls5 production #'s but having trubble finding how many SS LS5 convertibles built.
Thanks in advance
Tom

·
Premium Member
2,509 Posts
I do not believe there are any numbers on LS-5 convertibles but only LS-5 cars.For sure there are not many and to find one with A/C and a 4-speed you are well ahead of the game. Good luck with your new toy.

------------------
69 Chevelle SS 396 350hp convt. 4spd w/ac Monaco Orange
69 SS-RS Camaro GMPP ZL-1
w/DNE 5-Spd Hugger Orange
70 Chevelle LS-5 M-22 Cpe misty turqoise
ACES 1805

[This message has been edited by alss (edited 09-18-2001).]

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
My resource material indicates a total of 91 LS-5 convertibles in 1970.

50 - 4 sp
41 - auto

49 - no cowl induction hood
42 - with cowl induction hood

Hope this helps.

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

·
Registered
100 Posts
I know that the TOTAL production run for convertibles in 1970 was about 7,200. That includes standard Malibu and those with the SS package. ANY of them 31 years later is rare and getting rarer. I know of two that burned-up in Ohio this year alone. I'm glad to own one, and I'm sure you are too. Steve

------------------
1970 Chevelle Convertible

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. The car has cowl induction, power top and tilt wheel all matching w/build sheet. I know I will enjoy it
. Just had no idea how many in this configuration may have been built.
You guys have been a big help, Thanks.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tom, just curious....what color is your Chevelle? Are you planning to attend the car show at the Battleship Park in October?

------------------
Chevelles forever....Member #401
67SS w/dual-quad 509
71SS454 LS5
97 C5

·
Registered
23 Posts
Don, just curious, where did you get info on production runs? I was under the impression there was no such info as to put together specific options such as Convertible and SS. Can you tell me how many L34 Convertibles were built in 70?

·
Premium Member
5,886 Posts
John, that information comes from the 1968-72 Chevrolet A-Body Production Totals poster which is available from Dan Carr who is a member here (available in the TC store I believe). I'm sure there is a certain amount of "assumptions" in these figures but in my mind it is the most reliable source available.

It reflects a total of 1,088 L-34 convertibles for 1970. 502 manual and 586 automatic.

------------------
ACES #4241, TC #947
69 SS Sedan

·
Registered
964 Posts
That poster does look nice,and is a great conversation piece.
But the problem with the assumptions on this poster are,in time,they will become facts to others who don't know better.I am talking about new people entering this hobby who assume it is verbatim and begin to quote from it as such now and into the future.Thus merking up the waters more.
Not meant as a slam,just an opinion I and others on this board have about it.

------------------
Rick Peters
ACES#175
1970 L-78...ON THE MOVE

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 67SS509:
Tom, just curious....what color is your Chevelle? Are you planning to attend the car show at the Battleship Park in October?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
red,email me and lets see if we can get together
Tom

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.