Casting # 3963569

Thanks for any input,
JP

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
It is on my 69 Camaro. Aren't the date codes on the botton under the oil splash pan? Not gonna pull it to check if so, but it was an interesting discovery for me to find none the less.

·
Administrator
17,147 Posts
Mike, why that much?
Heres the applications :
3963569 ,396/402/454 ,70-71 ,Holley ,Rectangular port Aluminum Low rise L-78/L-89/LS-6

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
Mike, why that much?
Heres the applications :
3963569 ,396/402/454 ,70-71 ,Holley ,Rectangular port Aluminum Low rise L-78/L-89/LS-6
That's what they routinely sell for on e-bay for starters. The 396, 402, and 454 360HP engines use an oval port cast iron intake. The rectangular port 569's were used on the high HP engines and there aren't as many around. Some date codes are more desireable than others as well. Sometime late in 70 they started casting them with the cylinder numbers on the runners and you usually see those sell for a little less as they were pretty much used for 71 applications.

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
They are also re-popping them though which should start keeping prices reasonable.

One of our sponsors (Ground Up) sells a repro ($289.00 I think??) that has the Winters foundry snowflake, etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pics.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Depending on it's condition and date code, if it's known, and desireable anywhere from 325.- 500. If it's had no repairs, all thread holes good, clean and a good date code, it could be worth 500.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I belive the date codes are on the underside of the intake under the heat shield...so who would be the wiser once it is installed on an engine?!?!

The last one I purchased I picked up for $125 on Ebay (and I felt like I had stolen it).

·
Premium Member
4,126 Posts
For 125.00 you did steal it. As others above have mentioned they repop them for 289.00, so that's why the original date coded ones bring a little more. If your restoring and documenting a high end car with photos of every nut bolt/casting number that belongs on the car, an original is a must in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.