Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, yeah, I know! This is a Chevelle site. But I need help, quick! I also have a 69 Camaro that I would like to lower in the rear. What are the disadvantages with using lowering blocks on leaf springs? I've never tried them. I need to lower the rear suspension ~ 2". I just bought new low profile 50 series tires for my new American Racing 17" wheels and it looks hideous sitting as high as it does. Please help.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Jimmy- Coming from a guy who has 2 friends who have(1 had)lowered Novas and a couple of friends with slammed S10's, all I can say if you can afford it get the dearched leafs. They are available from many sources, and are not too much more $$$ then regular replacement leafs. All of my friends who are into that these leafed cars seem to say the blocks serve their purpose but it is much safer to put the new springs on the back. Although, they also say, if you just have to use lowering blocks DO NOT get the angled ones get the flat ones.
Sorry but I'm not up on all of the pros and cons of blocks I just remember vividly they said not to use them.(I was BSing with my friend with a 95 S10 with a 7"drop front 6"back during the summer because I was thinking of getting an S10 for transportation.(although I would never slam a truck like his! Looks good but every bump in the road sscrrraaaaaappppeeee!))
I hope this helps some....

------------------
Steve
64SS-327-4spd-sold to Original owner!
65 Malibu 283/PG!!!
www.angelfire.com/ca4/chevelle/
Team Chevelle Member #71

[This message has been edited by Steve D 64 SS (edited 10-12-99).]

·
Registered
167 Posts
Any good suspension/spring shop should be able to de-arch your springs, doesn't cost much. Steve D is right on the blocks - avoid them if you can.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.