Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 66 chevelle, with it I got a box of front end parts, A complete disc set up, The correct set up. I bought lower front ball joints for a 66 and they were too small. So I bought another set and still too small. I set the arms next to a set I took off a 70 and they look Identical but are just a bit shorter. And the ball joint hole on the 70 is smaller. I blasted the arms and found no part numbers or stampings. I checked to see if a 69 camaro had a different ball joint and the parts list are the same. What are these from The rear of the arms use the same 2 round bushings one is biger same # as the 70. Any Ideas??????

·
Registered
28 Posts
What sisze bushings did you try on the 66 corntrol arms, I just did mine and they required the 1.90 inch bushings for the rear. Yours might be the same.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the ball joint passes right through, even with the powder coat. The rear rubber bushings are fine both the 66 and 70 fit fine.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probally will never use them. The ball joint mount is definatly bigger and no signs of being wore out. The solution would probally be to install the ball joint and tack it in. I would still like to find out what they came from,..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts