Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 70 ss with a 402 with a big cam and get about 7 to 10 inches of vacuum at idle.
The brake pedal gets real hard sometimes,
do those brake cans you can buy for reserve
vacuum work. al

------------------
Vendo396

G

·
You might consider a vacuum pump like that sold by Master Power brakes. I seen that if you know where to look in the boneyards that other late model cars (Citations, etc.) used them also. I installed a new last summer...it's a pleasure to not have to use both feet on the brake pedal after the first push.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What do you mean by pump?
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:
You might consider a vacuum pump like that sold by Master Power brakes. I seen that if you know where to look in the boneyards that other late model cars (Citations, etc.) used them also. I installed a new last summer...it's a pleasure to not have to use both feet on the brake pedal after the first push.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

G

·
What do you mean, by "what do you mean"? It's a vacuum pump, by which I mean an electric motor which draws a vacuuum...one end hooks up to the vac. can for the brakes, the other goes to a vac source on the the engine. If I remember correctly (which I don't) it kicks on at about 10 or 15 inches if vac and shuts somewhere around 20. I'd have to look that up to verify, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the ballpark. It's really quite slick, and no matter how little vac your super big overlap cam has, you'll always have vacuum for the brakes. I highly recommend it. Believe me, I've had plenty enough one good shot at the brakes to appreciate this thing.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just talking to a guy who has the same thing, are they about $100.00. al
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Larry:
What do you mean, by "what do you mean"? It's a vacuum pump, by which I mean an electric motor which draws a vacuuum...one end hooks up to the vac. can for the brakes, the other goes to a vac source on the the engine. If I remember correctly (which I don't) it kicks on at about 10 or 15 inches if vac and shuts somewhere around 20. I'd have to look that up to verify, but I'm pretty sure I'm in the ballpark. It's really quite slick, and no matter how little vac your super big overlap cam has, you'll always have vacuum for the brakes. I highly recommend it. Believe me, I've had plenty enough one good shot at the brakes to appreciate this thing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.