Chevelles.com banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hey I apologize to all you guys that responded back to my earlier post. I got busy and side tracked and never got back on for a while. I'm up to my eyeballs with this swap now, have a LS1 out of a vette with a 4L60e tranny, looking to find what oil pan I'll need for the swap. I've looked for that article in Hot Rod from this past summer but haven't found it yet. A couple of you guys posted some links, thanks, I'm going to take a look at them, right now I'm trying to find out what oil pan I need for swap. I'll be back about everyday now checking in, going to check the links you guys provided too. If I can figure out how to post pics I'll put some up as it goes. Thanks again to you guys to responded a while back.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Go with the Holley complete swap kit which includes the correct oil pan and forward mount kit. Headers are available in both long tube and shorty design. The 302-2 pan fits perfect with their mounts and is a no brainer. A few years back I sold Holley my original design and rights to the cast aluminum pan which were being used at the swap portion of Holley's LS Fest. Through the years, Holley has refined the original design of the oil pan and has truly engineered a fool proof system to swap any LS engine into a large number of GM platforms. I'm not sure if they are a site sponsor here, but I can assure you that I have no vested interest in Holley any longer.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
[You don't need to look. Get the Holley and dont look back. I posted pictures of the fitment on my 67. With the complete holley kit it's a no brainer. Kit was not available when I did mine or I would have went that route. Lots of guys posted on the Holley on this thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Here are a couple of pics of what was done to the front crossmember when we mounted the L99/6L80 on the CHEVARO project.
Did you box the K member back up after cutting for clearance? Any pics of the K member completed?
And was this cutting in lieu of a different pan?

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Did you box the K member back up after cutting for clearance? Any pics of the K member completed?
And was this cutting in lieu of a different pan?

The cutting was part of the process of modifying the Malibu to accept the Camaro stuff without modification to the Camaro stuff; at least as much as possible. That logic made the project both easier and harder. But what it did do was make more certain that the project would end successfully and I think I'm getting closer, if I could just find those parts I'm looking for...:frown2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
302 pan from holly for my ls3.
Fit like a glove.

Do it.

I did ALLLL holly swap Kit.
Mounts. Hedders. Etc
You mean 302-2, the 302-1 isn't a good fit. You'll likely need to either cut the windage tray or use one for an F-body oil pan. One other note when using an aluminum block -- the factory oil pans help strengthen the block. I wouldn't use a stamped steel pan on an aluminum block; probably not an issue with an iron block.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I'm doing a 6.0 LQ9/4l80E swap into my Cutlass. Using all Holley parts, forward mounts, 302-3 oil pan, transmission cross member, etc. Everything fit with no issues. Used the banjo fittings for cooling lines on 4l80E.

It will be controlled by Terminator X Max.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I’ve been following this thread and have a question.
Is there one Holly kit for a LS swap into “X” model Chevelle? I’ve looked at their site but it looks like you have to order the mounts, pan, headers, etc, all separate. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Is there one Holly kit for a LS swap into “X” model Chevelle? I’ve looked at their site but it looks like you have to order the mounts, pan, headers, etc, all separate. Am I missing something?
As far as I know it's all separate parts. They all work together. If they put it all in one box someone would complain about the high price. LOL

·
Registered
424 Posts
Just piece it together. Todd aka Toddoky here on TC, designed the Holley swap components and did an excellent write up on ls1tech. Read through it when you have time.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1806199-new-hooker-1968-72-body-ls-swap-system-preview.html

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Yes, do it one part at a time. Even better, wait until Holley runs its several times a year "Holley Days" sales. Then buy 'em all at once.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeff65SS

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
Yes, do it one part at a time. Even better, wait until Holley runs its several times a year "Holley Days" sales. Then buy 'em all at once.

Rick

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Holley Days sale was my plan also but then found the Black Friday sale thru Matt's Classic Bowties and found they even beat the Holley Days sales prices on almost all items.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts