Team Chevelle banner

Looking for pics of BBC with chevy orange intakes and aluminum heads

6K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Tod74 
#1 ·
Can some one post up some pics of a BBC with the block painted chevy orange, intake painted orange with aluminum heads. Trying to make mine a little more sleeperish and wanted to know what it might look like. Here is a pic as of today. I have toned it down quite a bit. going to paint the water pump orange and swap out the aluminum pulleys for black stocker and powder coat the alt bracket. Might paint the aluminum rad also. Oh and get rid of that upper rad hose for a smooth one.

See less See more
#3 ·
leaving the heads in bare aluminum kind of kills the "sleeperish" aspect of it...

paint the whole thing orange- including the valve covers- and get some repro accessory brackets and it will look stock to people that don't look too close...

#5 ·
I painted my Brodix heads Chevy Orange for the sleeper look;

Guy

#7 ·
Elsolo I love the alt bracket. It is very solid and easy to adjust. Yes less red from the MSD stuff is great and real easy to paint.

Guy Iam not sure I want to paint the brodix heads. That is why I want to see pics of a painted intake to see if it looks good. I like the way yours looks but just want to see what it looks like with the heads bare and the intake orange. I guess more of a aluminum head COPO look if there is such a thing.

#8 ·
Kevin heres some pics on a mild 496 I built a couple of years ago, brodix heads chevy orange zz502 intake.

Planned to use it but sold it so no pics installed.

Marcus

#9 ·
Another member here, Rokker has a zz502 that he painted orange real sleeper look on the engine at least on distance. The name on the heads will be hard to mask but heard some people that used epoxy to fill the text before paint. But feel little like you not sure if I would like to paint the heads.

Heres a post with pic of the engine I mentioned above.
http://www.chevelles.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3201359&postcount=127

Marcus

#10 ·
I think before you do anything, you need to sit down and figure out a plan.

If your simply out to "hide" current things, black is your friend. Keep the alt bracket, just paint it all black. Same with the pulleys. Think of the shade of black too. Semi-gloss, semi-flat are usually the winners. Gloss looks good, but tends to draw attention. You will be amazed of how much will get overlooked by others when small items are painted black. I did not even notice at first your black painted MSD box until someone pointed it out. --See, it worked.

Also, as big as BB heads are, unless your looking to totally replicate an aluminum headed engine, I vote for just painting them orange with the intake.

Now if your out to make it look as close to factory as possible, You have alot of work ahead of you. And things like the MSD need to be relocated out of sight totally. Letters on the heads need to be filled before painting, all the fancy fittings need to disappear, if your going to keep headers instead of manifolds, paint them manifold gray or black to disguise them the best you can. This is why I said make a plan as to how far you want to go.

#11 · (Edited)
Thanks for the pic Marcus. That's the closest to what I am looking for. To bad you didn't have an installed pic.
Well I know I cant make it look like a stock orig engine compartment and that is not really what I am looking for. Mostly just to tone it down and get rid of some of the bling that doesn't do anything. I didn't plan on painting the heads but if I do the intake and I don't like the way it looks I may paint them. Here is a pic of before.

#13 ·
Kevin I like the direction your heading its lookin good bro. My goal was to keep mine looking as stock as I could, I painetd the Edelbrock aluminum water pump, stock ignition covers my MSD distributor, I put the MSD6AL box on the back side of the fender well out of sight, stock plug wires, 427 390hp sticker on the air cleaner and all stock pulleys and brackets, one might find it hard to believe it makes close to 700hp

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.