Team Chevelle banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just set these in place to see what they looked like. I really liked the idea of having build in shoulder harnesses (yes I will reinforce the mount under the chassis if I go with them) but now that they're sitting in the car i'm concerned that they're too big/bulky. I'm pretty sure that with a custom mount i'll be able to get them lowered about 1", maybe 1.5" but that would be the most.

Interested in what some other people think. If you saw a car pull up with these would you think "hey that looks pretty good" or "uhhh what is going on there...." :unsure:

Vehicle Automotive lighting Window Car Hood

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design

· Premium Member
15,448 Posts
The whole crushed velour thing is what sticks out to me. IMO one cannot improve on the Strato bucket seat with the possible exception of the Strato seat with a big bolster foam and still in year correct cover pattern.

· Premium Member
2,100 Posts
Just set these in place to see what they looked like. I really liked the idea of having build in shoulder harnesses (yes I will reinforce the mount under the chassis if I go with them) but now that they're sitting in the car i'm concerned that they're too big/bulky. I'm pretty sure that with a custom mount i'll be able to get them lowered about 1", maybe 1.5" but that would be the most.

Interested in what some other people think. If you saw a car pull up with these would you think "hey that looks pretty good" or "uhhh what is going on there...." :unsure:

View attachment 755174
View attachment 755175
I was looking at seats for my rod project and came across those. I also thought that they didn't look good. Research brought me to Beemer seats from a convertible. They flip and there is also a button to operate the motor for them to move forward. Of course back seat passengers will only be allowed to enter/exit on the passenger side.

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive exterior

· Premium Member
1968 Malibu sport coupe, 489 ci. 590 hp 600 tq, RV T-400 Freakshow 3200 stall, 3.73 12 bolt posi
13,207 Posts
I used 2012 Camaro leather 6 way power drv seats and I'm happy with the seats, 2005/6 GTO seats are nice too but have GTO stitched in them, the Beemer seats Pugs is using look like a great choice and I needed a seat that could raise since my wife's 5' tall

· Registered
152 Posts
I don’t know why but as soon as I saw the giant seatbelt/side headrest I instantly thought of the shoulder cannon that the Predator had…
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Gas Auto part

Needless to say, they don’t jive well with the car. But, as I’ve always said, it’s not my car and not my choice. Love the paint on the car though. Would be an awesome Street freak!👍

· Premium Member
Rochester, New York
2,347 Posts
Another HARD NO!

Reactions: caminonut

· Premium Member
- Ben R. - Snohomish, WA
8,394 Posts
Another no on those from me...

But speaking of modern seats, I've had my eye on snagging a set of BMW M3 seats from the early 2000's for a while to go in my 68.
They don't have integrated belts(I prefer the morris ones using the factory mounts myself), but they are the right overall shape & size as chevelle seats, Full recline, Power adjust & heated. Also they are not too thick and bulky like some modern seats can be.

I would strip off the original covers and use them as templates to make new ones with pleats and welt strips to look like OEM seats.

Furniture Car seat cover Motor vehicle Chair Head restraint

I've been toying with this idea for a couple years, but I've finally gotten good enough at sewing & templating over the last year I'm confident I could make new covers myself.

There is a pair of these local to me for $200 right now... I really should snag them since I'm talking and thinking about it yet again... but I probably won't, then I'll regret it until something else shiny comes long to spend my money and time on of course 🤣

· Premium Member
3,475 Posts
It is your car and although I have to agree with the others... and you did ask... They look out of place and take up a lot of space for what you want to achieve.
Those would work well in a crew cab truck or a van.
The GTO seats from the newer GTO's work well Camaro seats same from the newer ones... Budget is of course the deciding factor...
We all love to spend money...especially when it isn't ours!
Try looking at some used part places for a late model Camaro... many on this site has said they like them...or the like.
Casey

· Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha thanks for the feedback guys. I agree, as soon as I put them in the car and looked I was not impressed... Think I was hoping maybe I would get some feedback telling me I was wrong but the consensus is just that, a 100% consensus that they suck lol.

I have seen the bmw convertible seats before but just never any up for sale. I did end up deciding to go with the morris 3 point belts, already have some in the cart and just waiting to see if I need a few other things. Still tearing the carpet out regardless to check the floor pans out. Had this car for 27 years and this is the first time the seats have been out of it! (the engine and tranny however has been our numerous times, priorities were a lot different in the early years!)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts