Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the site and looking for my old Chevelle from High school. I know this is a longshot but i'm sure stranger things have happened. The car was sold in eastern Ohio to a kid in Boardman, Ohio in the late 70's. The Chevelle's description follows: Malibu, Lemans Blue, Black bench seat int, 4 speed, 12 bolt 4:56, small block, vin 136379B394773. I will buy this car in most any condition. Come on guys, don't laugh! I'll pay a finders fee! Thanks... check all those junk body shells... later

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oops, forgot...is was a 1969. thanks

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
you'd have better luck going to the DMV. in your area, or where you last knew of the car and trying to track it that way, it could be (heaven forbid) a parts car, or crushed already,

------------------
1970 SS396 AKA 454/4spd
My Chev-Hell Page
Member #783
Ft.Worth, Tx
Big Block Chevy.net
proud owner of this site
(oo|ss|oo)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have to agree with Chev-Hell, for a nominal fee, most DMV will provide complete history of the vehicle (including how many owners). I have 2 stories to add. I had 2 friends in the same boat as you, looking for high school cars, both used DMV to track them down. 1 found his car in Montreal, Canada. He paid 40 k to get it back (1967 Hemi Satellite, with a so/so resto). The other I am sad to say, found the last owner of his '71 Demon, and the last owner parted it out. Sad, if only they would check production numbers before scrap. Best of luck, SRW.

[This message has been edited by SteveW (edited 06-07-2001).]

·
Registered
177 Posts
Kind of like looking for your virginity!!!

Don't think I'll ever find mine, but Auh the memories. If we could only go back in time we'd all do things a little differently.

------------------
Tom Donaldson
71' GMC Sprint

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.