Chevelles.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have information on Mr. Fred Aldrich, aka "chevelleengineer"? I know some of his web pages can be accessed via the real address at comcast.net but through the alias domain of "chevelleengineer" at comcast.net.

I'd heard he was in ill health and I certainly don't wish to be insensitive to him or his family.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm out there but haven't visited Chevelles.com in some time. Received an email from Dale McIntosh yesterday. He's going to capture some of the info on my site and post on his site. It's still on the web but I've kept the link private as I'm no longer willing to support it by responding to emails.

Speedo gears and fuel gage diagnosis were the most popular sections and I still receive an occasional email on these. Back awhile I did a lot of work on suspension springs and have comprehensive a database of all OEM and aftermarket Chevelle ('64-'72 GM A car) springs. It's only for someone who has some knowledge of suspension spring design and application. Contact me if you're interested. Again, no tech support.

I was diagnosed last Sept. with Lou Gehrig's disease. Disease progress is relatively slow but weakness in arms, shoulders and neck prevent me from working on my own vehicles.(bummer) Had a garage sale in April and sold most of my tools and equipment.

We're moving in Sept. to an apartment in a retirement community and will only have inside parking for one vehicle. Need to sell my Syclone. http://lansing.craigslist.org/car/689720344.html

I am regularly in touch with Tom Lasater and still monitor email at: [email protected].

Regards,

·
Premium Member
19,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the speedo.htm page completed. The link is still under Tech > Speedo Gear Selection but is now on the ChevelleStuff.com site - http://www.chevellestuff.com/tech/speedo.htm. The other data will be added in a few days.

I'm sure all of us wish Mr. Aldrich well, appreciate the information he has gathered on numerous subjects and his contribution to the Chevelle community. :thumbsup:

·
Boldly procrastrinating
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
28,972 Posts
Fred, I hope your illness responds well to treatment and you do well. You have been one of the most valuable resources we ever had here.

Sad to sell cars but if the health won't support it what's a guy to do? Please feel free to stop by more often in any case.

·
Premium Member
9,801 Posts
Fred: Are you the engineer that wrote an article about Toronado drive chains in the General Motors Engineering Review back in the 1960's? I think I still have a copy of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts