Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'70 Chevelle...

Putting the dash back together and find that the ~3" and ~1-5/8" fabric hoses are literally turning to dust.

Took a measurement and found that the bigger one is maybe 3-1/4" I/D ?

Where to find these hoses? Went down to the local Napa who always finds everything and they could not find anything available, although an old catalog had something but it was no longer avail.

Anyone know for sure what size that ductwork is and where to find it? I meaured the vents themselves and came up with that 3-1/4" I/D. The smaller one looks to be 1-5/8" I/D.

Really don't want to duct-tape this thing back together, that's for sure!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
'70 Chevelle...

Putting the dash back together and find that the ~3" and ~1-5/8" fabric hoses are literally turning to dust.

Took a measurement and found that the bigger one is maybe 3-1/4" I/D ?

Where to find these hoses? Went down to the local Napa who always finds everything and they could not find anything available, although an old catalog had something but it was no longer avail.

Anyone know for sure what size that ductwork is and where to find it? I meaured the vents themselves and came up with that 3-1/4" I/D. The smaller one looks to be 1-5/8" I/D.

Really don't want to duct-tape this thing back together, that's for sure!

You back working on the car eh! Nice...

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
try autozone or advance auto. needed a 3" for my defroster. turned out to be a hose for a new car (by our standards) air filter/exhaust riser connection hose. it is pretty h/d, better than the cloth stuff to me. was not to cheap though, but available that night...they had several diameters to choose from...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Jason...

Yeah, had to put it to bed for awhile while life took some turns, but trying to get back into the game. Got the dash all wired up and just need the ductwork to put it back in.
Front bodywork is getting bolted back on and aligned - hopefully, it'll be running this summer.

Looks like you're working an a small nuclear power plant there under yer hood, and talk about putting in some welding work!

Impressive!!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Hey Jason...

Yeah, had to put it to bed for awhile while life took some turns, but trying to get back into the game. Got the dash all wired up and just need the ductwork to put it back in.
Front bodywork is getting bolted back on and aligned - hopefully, it'll be running this summer.

Looks like you're working an a small nuclear power plant there under yer hood, and talk about putting in some welding work!

Impressive!!! :thumbsup:
If ya ever need anything welded, give me a shout :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts