Chevelles.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ’70 Malibu with an advertised 540HP 454 (Edelbrock Performer RPM oval port top end), TH-400 ~2500 stall, GV O/D and 3.73 gears on a spool. Rims are Torq Thrust Ds 15x7. Current rear tire size is 255/60/15. What other choices do I have for DOT legal drag tires? I am looking for occasional use at the drags and maybe some playing on the street. I am hoping to have enough for mid 11s. I realize the rims are narrow, but I like the TTDs and to go wider, I'll have to narrow the rear.

I have had a set of Mickey Thompson ET street radials on order with Summit since 5/22/08. The newest delivery date is 9/25/08. This means I will have to go with a different choice.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
7,729 Posts
Go with a Hoosier Quick Time Pro, 26X9.50-15 they work alot better & will work with your 7" rim. If you need something a bit taller go with the 27X10.50-15, thats the same height as your 255/60-15.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. The 'recommended rim size' is 8-10" on the 27 x 10.50 -15s. Will my 7" wheels be a problem? A friend tells me this will not be a problem. I am just looking for more input.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Hey John,

You may want to take a look at www.mandhtires.com. I was wanting to get the MT/ET Street D/R but from talking to different venders MT is running behind on their street D/R and I wanted them before I ran Hot Rod Mags Drag Week in early Sept.

I spoke with John @ M&H at great length and I've decided to go with their 275/60R15's. Give him a call if ya want.

Hope this helps.

David

·
Premium Member
6,188 Posts
I ran Nittos on my Z28 and loved them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Actually I ordered a pair of P275/60-15 M/T Drag Radials (3754R) from Jeg's on Saturday and they will be here tomorrow. Summit is at 8/31/08 if you order them today...

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just looked at the stickers on the 3754R "cheater slicks" and I am totally amused at the C traction rating.

I guess most tires do not need a burn out...

Thanks for the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts