Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1970 Chevelle Convertible & 1965 Chevelle SS Convertible
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this topic may raise some eyebrows - but please let me make my intentions clear before someone gets the wrong idea.

I am not looking for build sheet info to create an illegitimate SS I am merely trying to assemble all of the data that was on my orig build sheet.

My car is indeed an orig SS - I have my POP, its matching numbers and I have some previous owner history with repair records and an old video tape.

So I'm looking for anyone who would be willing to share with me a copy of

a) A build sheet of a 396 SS built in Arlington

b) An A/C SS Car.

c) An A/C SS Car with a TH400 for sale in Calif.

With this info can fairly assemble what my build sheet would have had. I am merely assembling the data as an added piece of information. I know it may not be 100% but it's interesting non the less.

So if anyone is willing - pls let me know - I will give you my fax number or address.

Thks

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Member # 442
www.chevelles.com/showroom/richr1

http://www.my70ss.com

·
Gold Founding Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Rick,

I have an Atlanta buildsheet - was curious if there was much of a difference between Arlington and any other. As I recall 1970 was the first year for Chevelle production in Arlington.

Could you send me a copy for reference?

Most people I know with Arlington cars never found the build sheet. I have what looks to be a piece of the right corner of mine, not much help. I found it under the carpet. I have heard Arlington cars having their sheet in between the sound deadner and the floor boards. When I had my interior out I never really pealed it up. This winter I'm going to pull the interior out again and peel all of the deadner out, maybe it's there.

Thks

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Member # 442

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Arlington build sheets are different from all the rest.They are on the same size paper,but have a different texture and have printer holes on the sides of them.
The codes in their boxes are numbered.No lettered suffixes like the others have.Sometimes they can be much harder to understand the parts they used.

------------------
Rick Peters
ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

·
Gold Founding Member
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would love to see one of these - would either of you be willing to share one with me?

I take it being no one is offering to send me a copy that maybe you guys feel uncomfortable about doing so - if the case pls just tell me I will not by all means be insulted.

Thks

Rich

------------------
70 SS - L34
Member # 442

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Rich,
If I had an Arlington build sheet you can bet I would send you a copy.I can't see why anybody would feel uncomfortable sharing any information they have collected on these great cars

------------------

Dean Ciampi
Team Chevelle Gold #52
Aces #3094 MY LS6 CHEVELLE
My Z28

·
Registered
964 Posts
richr
I'm sure your intentions are honest.I am not questioning that at all.
I am more then happy to describe the sheet or answer any questions you have about it.
I can not in good faith send copies to all who ask.The people who give me a copy of their build sheet only do so if they know I won't pass them onto another.They know I only use it for cross referencing.
Some feel this is private information.
Maybe they are paranoid,maybe they aren't.But I have to respect their wishes.Some of these build sheets have key codes on them so you can unlock their doors an start their cars.Or if one of them was found on another car with the exact VIN#,they know exactly where they got it from,Me,Cause they didn't give a copy to anyone else.
Now if they stop giving me copies of there build sheets,I can not use them for reference,which helps noone.
This is my situation.Some may feel differently,but then thats why they only have 20 build sheets,if any.

------------------
Rick Peters
ACES#175
1970...ON THE MOVE

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
Contact elcamino he may send you a sheet.He has probably the largest collection of build sheets here.Joe58 and I shared information and he may have collected an Arlington sheet as well.
Sorry but I don't see the paranoia involved.Its just helping out one Chevelle owner.My "only 20" sheets may not be as great as your collection mr70 but I could care less.I collect these for reference and I will share with fellow Chevelle owners who have good honest intentions such as Rich.If the vin number is an issue then just cover it up when making a copy.
I have a very large and rare collection of factory literature mostly on the 70 models and I can gladly make copys for anyone who asks.

------------------

Dean Ciampi
Team Chevelle Gold #52
Aces #3094 MY LS6 CHEVELLE
My Z28

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.