Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys, I picked up a rebuilt 355 4 bolt SBC. Engine probably has 2 hours on it and I couldnt get it to run right in gear. Finally got around to pulling the cam since the guy I bought it from didnt know they specs. Turns out its an Isky 304 megacam with 525/525 lift and 3200-7500 powerband.

The torque converter I was running was only a 2k stall so I figure thats why it was dying in gear and only pulling 8psi of vaccum. Obviously that powerband I dont think is ideal for a street car.

Was hoping to be in the 400-425+ (if possible) range with decent streetability. Right now a roller cam isnt in the budget unfortunately. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Engine Specs
355 4 bolt.
10-1 comp
Procomp 210 runner heads - I know not the most ideal
Edelbrock victor jr or I have a RPM air gap intake
I also have 3 carbs in my gargage
A holley 670 street avenger, 650 DP and a 750 dual feed.
B&M turbo 350 with a 2000 stall.
3.36 gears

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the recommendation. I just bought that cam. Would you go with the victor jr or the RPM air gap intake?

·
Premium Member
11,541 Posts
RPM Air Gap

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have that exact cam in my 383, running a performer rpm air gap, I have a demon 750 though. Cam makes great power, sounds good, and runs like a champ with the air gap. The only thing I don't like is this cam and lifter set is a little noisy. Enjoy I think you will like it.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts