Team Chevelle banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the next six months I will be actively looking for a real 69 SS. I have been with Pontiac's for several years but the 69 SS was my first love. I'm looking to spend between 35 to 40. What can I expect or what can I get for that type of money. I really would like something turn key with documentation.

·
Premium Member
933 Posts
You should be able to buy a very nice documented 69' SS in that range I would think unless these prices keep shooting up. Now might be the time to buy as I'd say the prices will climb during the summer months.

·
Premium Member
200 Posts
I agree with bc69ss buy in winter and look around alot. The info provided here should help siggnificantly. I found mine on craigslist and was local. Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
For the most part, I agree with the other posts. You will find a 69 SS in very good condition and documented. But, you will not find something rare such as an L78 or L89, documented and very good condition for that price.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Do your homework, this site has real good info to help you get a true SS. The 1969 and '70 Chevelles SS is being cloned like crazy so check and recheck the documentation. For that price range you will get a very good numbers car, for 10K south of that you can get an excellent non-matching car but it depends on what your looking for. Make sure you personally see the car and inspect it, in/out & over/under ...... a "good" classic car dealer should give you an honest car but it will cost top $$$, most important is not to settle, keep looking until you find the right one.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys, I have been searching this site and getting alot of good information. It is my biggest fear that I buy something that is been cloned or that is being passed off as correct. I know lots of Pontiac people but when it comes to chevelle it is null. It will probably will not be till fall or late summer before I make a leap. My first new car was a 69 SS 325 hp. red in color with a black vinyl top, muncie 4 speed with red interoir, built in 8 track

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.