Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone iam looking to get my 71 chevelle painted but have no i dea of any decent shops in the southern california area

i want a nice job but not a show winner job,
because then i will have to cry if anything happen to paint anyway any info u guys have maybe pics of your cars u got poainted in so cal and the prices would be good

ANYone here like tp piant chevelles themself=)?haha=)
thanks for any info
emailme at [email protected]

dAN

·
Premium Member
2,356 Posts
Well, I got one question for you. How much ya wanna spend?? Then possibly I can make a few recommendations. I have almost 6g's in the paint on my 67. See picture in my signature

------------------
Thomas (AKA Hot66ss)
66 Super Sport Now striped frame off Project
67 Malibu Getting there.
69 El camino Beater Mild 355, M21 4 speed (Daily Driver)
Video of me in Elco smoking the tires
Aces Member 2380
Team Chevelle member #262

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Have you ever thought of taking the time to set up a garage paint booth and learn how to paint?

O.K., I'll have to admit that I cringe a little when I read posts like this, I always feel that the real question being asked is: "tell me where a cheap, high quality, painter can be found". Seriously, a good paint job, but not show quality, is not inexpensive. Regardless of whether $600 a gallon paint is being used, it is the prep work more than anything that makes paint look "good". I go to a ton of car shows, and many times I have seen very expensive paint laid over a poor foundation. The time spent blocking out body and paint, and color sanding, are steps that shouldn't go wanting.

If you do not make any of the car shows in your area (and there are quite a few in easy driving distance - where you could find out where local enthusiasts are going to have their cars painted), then I have a plan for you. Start going to all the paint and body shops in your area. Don't ask for a paint estimate. Instead, ask to look at fresh and recent work that the shop still has on hand. Note all the following: 1)does their work have immediate eye appeal 2)are they car enthusiasts (for a surprising number of shops, its "just a job") 3) are any employees doing car restorations (do they care/have pride in their own projects).

There are many good painters who work in a particular shop because it is busy and profitable, not because they seek out enthusiast car owners for paint jobs - what they are capable of, and what they do most often, could be completely different.

I could suggest a number of shops local to me, and certainly in the greater L.A./Orange County area - but I am confident that you will find a perfectly capable shop in you local area using the search method listed above.

After finding the local shops that meet your quality standards, THEN ask for estimates of cost and time to completion.

Best of luck, show us pics of the finished result.

------------------
"Bomber" '67 El Camino, Beater comes back to life.
Was 350/TH350 14.90 @ 93mph, 360,000+ miles on car
Now 406 roller, 340rwhp, more hp on its way :)
Street radials, 2.48 second 60', 13.31 [email protected] mph

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.