Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my friend is now looking for a billet crankshaft for a sbc. To make a long story short, one was thought to have been ordered beginning of dec. and with some paper work messed up has led to nothing. Now struggling to find something with less then 4 months wait I thought id ask here if anyone knows a good place to start looking.

Hes looking for a sbc billet with 2.648" on mains(400) 2.100 rod 3.750-4" stroke. Kinda needs the crank before the rods and pistons can be ordered.... Have tried talking to scat(cant seem to talk to the right person), oliver, mouldex, etc nothing so far. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

·
In Memoriam
66 El Camino 57 Chevy pickup 2004 Tahoe
29,419 Posts
that's a standard 400 crank? why should it be hard to find? even in billet seems like there should be some around. Why does he want billet anyway? Is he running a nitro load?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He has tried bryant too long of a wait. Still waiting to hear back from crower. This is going in a twin turbo'd sbc somewhere in the neighbourhood of 2500hp.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
i dont know what you think of eagle specialties but they are somewhat local to the memphis area. i think they rate thier 4340 crankshaftes at 1000+hp and i know several people that have run them in 1500+ horse applications with absolutely no problems. i even know a couple of boys that have had one in a twin turbo'd mustang for a couple of years now. the car has been in the high 6's and dynoed over 2300hp

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Have your friend contact Peter Lieb at Scat Enterprises in Redondo Beach, CA. I am out of the office today, so I don't have their phone number here.
They will probably request at least 50% deposit with order and the lead time is generally around 16 weeks for a billet crank.
In my opinion, the Scat billet crank is right up there with Bryant and Crower as far as quality is concerned. There is also a new venture in Grand Rapids, MI; K1 Technologies which is a division of Carillo Rods/JE Pistons. Haven't seen any of their billet cranks yet, but have heard good reports.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts