Team Chevelle banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nothing wrong with it....if you can find a buyer that doesn't know any better.

I know plenty of folks that "give" these engines away all the time...in running condition too....why? Because they're worth little if anything at all. So it just amazes me someone is asking almost $500 for an incomplete engine with a lousy 3 speed, probably a Saginaw.

If any money is to be made off an inliner $100 is about top dollar....and that's on a really good day.

·
Gold Founding Member
64,444 Posts

I know plenty of folks that "give" these engines away all the time...in running condition too....why? Because they're worth little if anything at all. So it just amazes me someone is asking almost $500 for an incomplete engine with a lousy 3 speed, probably a Saginaw.

If any money is to be made off an inliner $100 is about top dollar....and that's on a really good day.
Oh, I see :)

I was setting here scratching my head thinking "now why would anyone put up that link here" because it just looked like a normal for sale ad plus nothing to do with our Chevelles in particular.
Liable to find most anything on ebay so nothing over there would suprise me.
Pretty normal for anything to sell for 100 times it's actual worth on ebay, those people are nutz.

A few years ago when a friend was needing an engine like that for a RAC van we had a hard time finding a good one, maybe they are more plentiful now. :confused:

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
As mentioned, resale on those motors is difficult so I donated the original, running 6 cyl and 3 speed manual tranny from my '67 Elky to a local high school auto shop class.

·
Premium Member
7,962 Posts
With the large body HEI cap & intake integrated with the head I'd say 1975 or newer. In Chevy orange I'd say 1976 at the newest.

A friend sold his perfectly good '66 194 six for $50 so he could drop a 283 into his '66 Chevy II (it's a nice one). If that seller can get what he's asking ($489.95), he's a real salesman.

Hey, I've got one of those 250 c.i.d. boat anchors in my '67 and I actually like it.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

$500 for an incomplete engine with a lousy 3 speed, probably a Saginaw.

Looks like an automatic to me........Worth at least $150 in these parts!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts