Chevelles.com banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is has anybody ever paid to have their car towed insterstae ? & do you have any suggestions. My car is in L.A. and it needs to get to Houston.

#2 is whats is the stock wieght for a 65 ss chevelle (trying to build a13 second car)

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have a friend that owns a restoration business. He has been all over the counrty buying cars to restore and sell. Don't panic, he specializes in Mopars, so he's not out there buying up all the good vehicles from your neighborhood! Anyway, what he has done many times is post 'want ads' on bulletin boards (old fashion ones with cork and pins, not electronic ones that need a PC to access!) at truck stops in the area where he finds a car. If a truck driver is going his way with an empty flat bed, he's more than happy to make a little extra side money hauling a car for you (You just need to figure out how to get it on the trailer). Also don't overlook the possibility of flying to LA, renting a u-Haul and car trailer and hauling it back yourself.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
I had my 72 trucked from Phoenix to Newport News, Va 16 months ago. It cost $800. It took a lot of research. Does the car run? If not this will narrow down the companies quick. If you want it in a covered trailer the price goes up dramatically. Do you belong to AAA? Check with them or your insurance company and see who they would recommend. Then read your contract VERY CAREFULLY! Do a thorough walk through with them and pay close attention to what they write about the condition of your car. Do not leave anything in the car that you want to see again. E mail me off line if you want me to dig up the name of the company I used. I had no complaints but I followed the above rules!
kevin d

·
Gold Founding Member
1,347 Posts
Check Hemmings motor news I used a company from Tenn (whereI bought my car)To Boston I was very happy it was 600

------------------
Mike A Gold Member 266
69SS 396
Everett Mass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.