Team Chevelle banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought one for my big block's oil pan. Figured if I drop $40 on a darn tube it would be machine with the precesion worthy of NASA certification. well it's not. Beafy unit, just not so user friendly.

The base doesn't insert all the way into the pan recepticle piece. It goes in and comes to a rather abrupt stop. I believe the oil pan's "necking" is what stopped things, one (of the two) orings is down in there, but I don't think it's snug.

Any of you have this problem?

-mine is a Moroso pan.

I'll check tomorrow for leaks.

------------------
71' 3880# with me. Big Block 402, Merlin oval heads, 10.2:1CR, TH400, 3.73 posi,
BEST 1/8th: 8.252 @ 84.56mph (1.855 sixty foot)
Last years previous best 1/4: 13.1sec @ 105 MPH (2.10 sixty foot) to be corrected soon.
Picture of me roasting the tires and other guy stuff
Video of me staging (smoke of course)

·
Registered
64 Posts
i'm the kinda guy who has problems with everything i buy. recently my hyperflez energy suspension kit is fitting in correctly though
i donno about the stick. talk to the place you bought it from, it should be solid gold for $40!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same one with the same problem and this is what I did.When I installed mine the car had no front end on it. I had to heat up the oil pan entrance and tap a deepwell socket into the hole.This opened the thing up just enough to get the end of the tube into the hole.Also I had to disassemble the dipstick so I could put a socket over the dipstick tube end and tap it in gently.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Had the same problem with mine on a Milodon pan. I put a short piece of rubber hose over the pan extension and the dipstick tube and hose clamped both of them.

------------------
It’s a BIGger BLOCK!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.