Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding factory AC to a non AC 70 Chevelle while also converting to a SS gauge dash. I have new dash and engine compartment wiring harnesses that are correct for the AC setup. The problem is that I need the location to drill the hole in the firewall for the AC harness and grommet to power up the heater controller. I have the assembly manual and have looked but I do not see it referenced on page A10 for the firewall penetrations for option C60. I see it shown in the air conditioning section but no specific location shown. Can someone let me know where the dimple is? Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A picture is really worth a thousand words, but in return I offer a "Thank You." However, my company does business in Mesa, AZ from time to time and so I owe you
next time I am there. Thanks again for numerous answers for a first time restorer.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I just happened to have my firewall opened up so I got you a shot of that. Also, I'm thinking you should already have a hole there because the A/C only adds 1 or maybe two wires to the heater harness. If you do need to open up the hole, for the cleanest look, invest in a chassis punch. I get mine from McMaster-Carr They're like the ultimate online hardware store.

Good Luck!
Bill

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the pictures. I immmediately found the the dimple on the firewall tonight and drilled the hole. The original harness and grommet fit up perfectly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts