Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can see one ground from firewall to valve cover -- noticed it needed replacing and then I learned that they sell the braided copper gound wires in sets of 3. WHERE ARE THE OTHER 2? I can't see them anywhere. Thanks for the help.

------------------

·
Registered
7 Posts
One ground strap goes from the top of the frame rail to the bottom of the R/F fender panel near the R/F corner of the engine, just to the right of the lower radiator hose. One strap goes from the rear of the right valve cover to the firewall near the heater cover. I think? the third strap is from the rear of the left valve cover to the firewall. The 67 assembly manual shows those locations on chart U63, if you have it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
on my 65 the ground straps are the same as the previous response,1 from rt frame stem to rt lower inner fender,2 from firewall to valve cover rear outboard bolts,my strap kit (3pcs) came with location drawings for numerus years,real easy,8 bucks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I dont think the chrome covers will cause a problem,the plating is conductive.I prefer to use reuseable gaskets they are heavy duty and I have a tendency to overtighten stuff anyway.they allow me to tighten the way I like without damaging the gasket and provide good clamping pressure for ground.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.