Team Chevelle banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didnt know where else to put this, so I figured I'd put it in the forum that I most frequently visit.

I started the chevelle up today and pulled it out of the garage. It started fine. About 2 hours later (after cleaning my garage) I went to start it again and when I turned the key to the "on" position the lights came on as usual and the volts gauge jumped to "12" and I went to crank it over and all power was lost and it just "clicked" once and I turned the key back to the "off" position to try and repeat, but when I turned the key back into the "on" position none of the lights came on and the volts gauge wasnt working.

So I popped the hood and jiggled the battery cables and sat back in the car, turned the key to the on position and everything looked good, went to crank it and the exact same thing happened. EXACT same thing. I still can not get the car to crank over. Might it be an ignition fuse?

Can anyone give me some advice on the problem?

Thanks,
Joe Phillips

· Registered
180 Posts
First If you have another battery you know is good pop it in and it will start.
Fuseable link should be ok if lights go. Or the starter is bad I dought it tho. If it's a stick may be nuteral swich. Move shifter lever a few times back and forth also move ingition switch back and forth. Good luck.

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well it's an automatic. Th350. I will try the new battery. At first thats what I thought it was, but I dont have another battery. I'll go buy a cheapie, and then if it works I'll buy something better, such as an Optima. Hopefully that's all it is. I hope it's not the ignition switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts