Team Chevelle banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had the floor only sprayed with a liner? i am kinda interested in getting mine sprayed. I have checked around and they can add color to it so it wouldn't standout sooo much.

any input on this?

·
Premium Member
27,555 Posts
Watch with the colored LineX & Rhino applications in an exposed area...they're not UV friendly and tend to fade.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
I don't have an El Camino, but I have had several Silverado's over the years, and I have used both liners. I prefer line-x hands down over Rhino. Rhino chips way to easily, and is thicker

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just got my wifes truck Line-X'ed today. I researched all the different types and Line-X was the way to go. I think they discontinued the colored Line-X due to the fading. I was sold on the Line-X when I found out the Army lined center block walls with all the 4 major types and Line-X was the only one that didn't get penetrated.

The Line-X cost about 100.00 more. Good Luck

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Called around yesterday...OUCH, line x IS expensive. was quoted 400 and if wanted color add 200 more. OUCH!!!:mad:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Called around yesterday...OUCH, line x IS expensive. was quoted 400 and if wanted color add 200 more. OUCH!!!:mad:
Shop around -- I paid $435.00 for the entire bed. If you are just doing the floor, you may find a shop that will do it for less. Call your local car dealers and find out who they use for spray-in liners.

Dave

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
you guys are going to hate me, but i went to look at an el camino and turned down the deal on it because he had the spray on crap done to it-i wanted to make the bed nice besides the body, would have been to much work to remove it

·
Gold Founding Member
654 Posts
you guys are going to hate me, but i went to look at an el camino and turned down the deal on it because he had the spray on crap done to it-i wanted to make the bed nice besides the body, would have been to much work to remove it
I am prepping the bed on my Camino today and have been struggling with this decision. For now I am going to get it as nice as I can and just paint it. If it looks too bad I may consider LineX but I had the very concern Forcd mentioned.

....although I will never sell it anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I'm not sure about putting it into an ElCamino unless you were going to haul stuff. If you do use it go with the Line-X. I have had both Line-X and Rhino and the Line-X is far superior.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts