Team Chevelle banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part May's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i just put rebuild my 305 elky motor and now the turn signals will work but when i put them on the side that is supposed to be on goes on but the other side also goes on but not as bright and the same thing if i put the switch in the other position. And also on the dash you can see that the other signal is on but not as bright. When i turn the lights on both lights on the dash come on and the same with in the back. I dont know whats up please if you have any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Tim

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Since you were up in front changing the motor: Maybe one of the grounds under the hood is loose. Check the one from battery (-) to the right fender. Check the grounds going to the core support from the front turn signal lamps. I assuming you are working on something other than your 68 with the 305 motor that went in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea i was working on my 83 el camino and the 305 went in. the only problem is that i took out the factory radio but i wasnt playing with any wires under the dash or anything. But i will check the grounds up front. But why would that cause the problems in the back

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
"But i will check the grounds up front. But why would that cause the problems in the back"

Well, remember that sometimes it's hard to see things over the net. My first guess was you weren't working on a Chevelle. Then guessed that this occurred after you put the engine in. The bright and dim light problem tends to be related to a missing or poor ground. The signal should only be working on one side but a missing ground allows power to dimly light the other side. Since you said the engine was rebuilt, guessed the front would be a good place to start.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts