Chevelles.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Gold Founding Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the dash out of my 69 malibu and am considering putting a gauge panel below the dash. I would also like to keep the stock warning lights working.

I did a search in this area and found nothing.

Has anyone done this (both gauges and lights working)? If so, what was involved?

TIA

------------------
Bob

My 69 Malibu

·
Registered
7,762 Posts
Some of the ideas I've read were to forget about the original oil pressure switch and just replace it with a gage switch. Not worth the effort to Tee both sensors.
For the temp circuit leave the existing switch alone. Add a later model water outlet (gooseneck) with a threaded opening on top for the sender.
Voltmeter is fairly easy to add in.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
bob
R U gonna use electric or mechanical gauges? I have a triple TEE for oil at the back of my small block. For light, gauge, and EFI. It was a pain, but not impossible to get it all in there. Parts stores have an assortment of brass pipe thread fittings.
rick

·
Gold Founding Member
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to try mechanicals, For water BB_Mike said to get an outlet from an 80s Monte Carlo and I'll add that like John said above. For oil, I would like to have them both.

In the future I'm planning EFI so I guess I'll need it then. Plus, I'd like to have the light and gauge now. Is it possible to tap off in another spot for oil pressure?

Thanks

------------------
Bob

My 69 Malibu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts