Team Chevelle banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add the auxilry lighting group package, what year cars can we add the trunk and hood light that look and work like original with the mercury switch? It doesnt have to be exact because my car is not #s matching anyway. Also does anyone have a parts interchange manual that will say what type of car I can pull a PW trunk release from?

thanks

·
Gold Founding Member
1,349 Posts
The Dealer installed optional trunk release I just bought is vacuum it has a self contained vac pump inside glove box Mike

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car i am working on is a 72 chevelle convertable. Sorry to mention that. I would like to have a pw trunk and dont think I could find the vacum one anymore and just want to know what cars I can take pw trunk off and put in place of mine. I heard that there were several cars from the 70's I could do this from but I dont know what years will fit. On the lights also doesnt matter what year. (I am on a poor boy's salary and always try the salvage yards first before the restoration shops)

thanks guys and gals

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
I added a trunk light from a '70 Olds 88 to my '69. It mounted on the driver's side trunk hinge pillar and works by a curved rod that rides on the hinge, the holes for it were already there. It's hooked to a constant power source so the parking lights don't need to be on. Also got the footwell lights and the underhood light as well. Check those older "luxury" GM cars, you might find something similar.

------------------
Jim Hildebrand
Lubbock, TX
TC #345
'69 Malibu

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.