Chevelles.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1967 Chevelle SS, I am in a debate over the stock lighter element. Is the original made of Metal or Plastic (Talking about the actual knob)? I have an aftermarket one, By the way if anyone has an original they are looking to sell drop me an e-mail.

C

·
0 Posts
Mine is plastic. However I can't say with 100% certainty if it is original or repro. I've assumed its original since it is a perfect match with the rest of the dash. As a not-so recent graduate of St. Lawrence Elementry School, Redondo Beach was my old stomping grounds. Good to know Chevelles still cruise PCH and Prospect Ave.
Dale

------------------
COL E

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, We do still have plenty of cruz nights here. I got rid of my 1967 Malibu and Upgraded to a 1967 SS Chevelle. Niether one of them had a lighter element in it. I have replaced both of them with an aftermarket one. I always thought the original was made of Pop Metal (The Knob part).

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ok Pete, I wish I would have seen your post earlier but I don't go to "interiors" much. I have a lighter for you.It is original to a 67. Check your mail.
P.s They're plastic originally.
------------------
I'd rather walk than be seen in a ford!

[This message has been edited by z-mans-67 (edited 01-03-2003).]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah Pete, I'm gonna upgrade to an SS also, but I'm gonna keep the velle and go with an SS camino- 67 .

[This message has been edited by z-mans-67 (edited 01-03-2003).]

·
Premium Member
7,649 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by z-mans-67:
Yeah Pete, I'm gonna upgrade to an SS also, but I'm gonna keep the velle and go with an SS camino- 67 .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

was just glancing through the post and saw your last comment, and thought i'd let you know... The SS package was not an available option on Elcaminos until 1968- but you could get the big blocks & other SS goodies on the 66 & 67s... So there aren't any (real) 67 SS caminos...
------------------
Ben Rambow
1970 El Camino SS
My old 1969 El Camino
The El Camino Classics Club
"Whats the matter with the car I'm Driving? Can't ya tell that its out of style..."

[This message has been edited by AHSOM70 (edited 01-03-2003).]

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well. color me two shades of stupid! I guess what I meant was a BB 67 el camino.I'm looking for a gutted shell I can pick up cheap and slap a 396 or 427 in it.

------------------
I'd rather walk than be seen in a ford!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts